Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Thank all the proverbial deities that I'm only working for four hours tomorrow...
Today was a whole world of "marking time", there's nothing really pressing going on, the office is mostly deserted and I don't really see the point in starting something new only to leave it languishing for a week and a half...
Also, we had donuts... mmmm donuts...
And there's nothing like a groovy pair of socks to make you feel like you're all that... I was doing some running around last night after work (picking up the memory card for Ma's phone specifically) and bought a pair of knee high black and white striped socks... too cool for school (well, I think so anyway)...
All I can really say is "roll on noon tomorrow!"...
So now, we finish up this mega-weekly-month-long-Christmas-themed meme with some songs...
Name That Tune
- "Outside the snow is falling and friends are calling"
Dammit, I know this one... I can hear it in my head... "Come on, it's lovely weather for a sleigh ride together with you"... no idea what the name is though
- "Good tidings for Christmas and a Happy New Year"
We Wish You A Merry Christmas
- "The lights are turned way down low"
I have absolutely NO idea...
- "In the meadow we can build a snowman"
Frosty the Snowman
- "Oh what fun it is to ride in a one-horse open sleigh!"
- "Remember, Christ, our Saviour was born on Christmas Day"
God Rest Ye Gerry Mentalmen... or whatever
- "Not only green when summer’s here, but also when ’tis cold and drear"
That would be one of my favourites, Oh Christmas Tree
- "And Heaven, and Heaven and nature sing"
Joy to the World
- "Tis the season to be jolly"
Deck the Halls
- "Down through the chimney with lots of toys"
No clue whatsoever
Complete The Line
- "Jolly Old Saint Nicholas, lean your ___ this way."
That would be his "ear"
- "And children listen to hear ___ bells in the snow."
Ummmm... jingle, silver, tiny, sleigh... I honestly don't know
- "And on every street ___ you’ll hear silver bells."
I'm thinking "corner"
- "O night divine, O night when Christ was ___."
Well, "born" obviously
- "All I want for Christmas is my ___ front teeth."
How many front teeth, "two front teeth"
- "It’s beginning to ___ a lot like Christmas."
Appear, seem, resemble... no... "look"
- "Round yon virgin ___ and child."
I think there should be a comma in there, but it's "Mother"
- "Sing praises to our Heavenly ____."
I would assume that it's either "Lord" or "Host", but I'm honestly not sure.