in no particular order...

Okay, so here we go... this should be interesting...

Way back in September last year, Larry sent out some Letters to the Blogsphere... secret truths about people on his blogroll that he wasn't brave enough to tell them directly.

Then, while I was flicking through links from comments on Larry's blog recently, I came across Curtis's blog... where he'd picked up on Larry's idea and produced a list of his own.

Which brings us to me...

After reading Curtis's list, I thought it might be a good idea to try and produce a list of my own...

So, in no particular order, if I could tell some of the people on my blogroll anything, this is what I could say:

Blogger #1: If you and I ever did meet, I think there would be some very long and slightly intense conversations that happened, you're definitely someone I could see myself sitting around with until 4am talking about life and the meaning of the universe one second, and hot movie stars the next. But you haven't been around much lately, and that kind of makes me a little sad, because I miss you.

Blogger #2: I think that in the real world you and I would probably get on really well... you're smart and funny and have a slightly twisted streak that a lot of my real world friends have had in them... and on top of that you write in such an engaging way I feel as thought I already know you. I will admit to having the makings of a very small crush on you... but that's okay, since it's only a little one.

Blogger #3: I have to admit, I don't know you very well yet, but so far I like what I've read... You've raised enough of my interest to keep me coming back for more. And you've surprised me at least once, which isn't something that happens too often.

Blogger #4: You, out of all my blogbuddies, remind me most of myself... Sure, we've walked totally different life paths, but I think, at the core of who we are, there's a lot that's the same. But like me, you really need to reconnect with the world... of course, like me, that's not so easy for you to do. But I have faith in you. And I have no doubt that the current path you're on it definitely the right one for you.

Blogger #5: You don't post all that often, but when you do it's usually a well crafted little nugget. I get the feeling you write for a living, although I could be wrong. You make me smile sometimes... and other times I just roll my eyes.

Blogger #6: I adore reading your blog, but seriously, you just have to lighten up... take a big deep breath... hold it... now let it out... and just chill out. Not everything that happens is an attack on you personally. I don't think you're completely comfortable in your own skin yet, but I hope I'm around to see you when you are, because you're only going to get better...

Blogger #7: Why you are still single just baffles me... okay, I actually know the reasons, but still... that fact that someone hasn't descended on you and scooped you up before letting you do unspeakable things to their naked body just confounds me. You're truly the triple threat... wise, sweet and a sexual beast... If I was anything near your type I think I'd have a much bigger cybercrush on you than I actually do...

Blogger #8: Your blog also feels like you could write for a living. I actually quite like the way you write, your sense of imagery is very strong. I'm not sure I understand you yet... but that's okay... some days I don't understand me either.

Blogger #9: I really enjoy watching you explore who you are... it's interesting that probably the majority of your regular readers could see where you were headed before you realised it yourself. But I'm enjoying hearing about this new chapter of your life that you've entered... I just hope the posts stay as interesting and indepth as they always have been in the past.

Blogger #10: I think you've been living where you are for much too long... and you don't actually realise how amazing you look... you're far too self critical where that's concerned... although you do seem to have a big heart, so maybe it's good that you never worked out how hot you are...

Blogger #11: In some ways you're a lot of the things I wish I could be... you seem very brave, and very confident in who you are... and you definitely know what you want out of life. I applaud you for all those things, and wish I could be a little bit more like you.

Blogger #12: I wish you posted more often than you do... you and your life are so very different to mine, I like seeing how the other half lives as the saying goes...

Blogger #13: Sometimes I feel like you're trying your hardest to be biggest gay in all of Gayonia... but fortunately you let enough of your personality peek through all the gay for me to keep coming back. You also make me smile and roll my eyes in equal proportions, and it's really annoying when I have the perfect comeback line for something you've blogged about, and find that one of your regular commentators has beaten me to it. Damn them.

Blogger #14: You're someone I admire for the same reasons as Blogger #11... you seem to be incredibly brave and confident... but then, to do the things you do, you would have to be. I think that you're another one of those people who's the triple threat... sexy, smart and sweet. The sexy thing just goes without saying, I mean, look at you... but you're actually a lot smarter than I think anyone ever gives you credit for. And if you weren't as sweet and humble as you seem to be, I wouldn't like you as much as I do. I don't think there's any limit to what you can do when you put your mind to it. Good luck!

And you can all try and guess who is who until the cows come home, I'm not telling...

Current Mood: sneaky

9 comments:

Sunshine said...

By the process of elimination, I'm pretty sure which one is me. :P

Tom said...

Grrrr.... now you've got us guessing... Mind you, if I made the cut to be on the list I'd be happy to be any of them... you're nice about everyone! :-) Aww, shucks :P

@Sunshine... You can't say you know which one you are and then not put your neck on the line and tell us what you think :P

Jenny said...

well that's just simply not fair as I am pretty sure that I am #12 cause I am definately "the other half" but.... there are some things that make me suspicious about a few others! But - I could be wrong, maybe it's presumtious of me to assume that I am even on the list, regardless of which - I adore your blog, your honesty,your art, your opinions of life, your reflective nature, almost like you are stark naked against the world and you just don't care. Look if you like, piss off if you don't! It's refreshing!

Larry said...

I know who #13 is, and it's not me :)

*dances*

When I did this kind of post I found it very freeing. You know, all of us carry around these feelings that we just can't let show unless we want to be labeled as "negative". Sometimes it's nice to able to let go of that. Of course you basically had nice things to say about everyone... well except for the one about me where you said I was stupid and ugly and boring :)

Sunshine said...

Hey guys, we can start a coup by saying which ones we think we are. Then we can distill the results to the actuals. :P

Sunshine said...

Oh, btw, where on earth is Gayonia???

yani said...

Just east of Queersville... and shares a border with Lesbonia :P

The reference is actually a bastardisation of a Buffy line "the deadest man in all of Deadonia"... ie in a place where everyone is very much one thing (ie, dead, gay, whatever), this person is the MOST of that thing (ie, dead, gay, whatever)...

S said...

Jesus, I'm # 6, right?

**

I thought I was # 2, but then I read about a crush, so that's not me.

But, # 3 sounds like me, but I'm being optimistic.

Number 7 in my dreams (or is it yours?).

I kinda sound like # 8, but maybe that's just fantasy taking over.

Number 9, in depth? Not me.

I wish I could be # 11, but I'm probably not.

Anonymous said...

WWhen Larry did this, I could only figure out one (I think.) With Curtis I could only figure out one (I think.) This one has baffled me completely. And I won't even attempt to guess which one might be me. Becuase it would be very embarrassing to find out I wasn't on the list when I thought I was. :-)