photo friday: discus fish

discus fish 2006What a day...

It was another one of Ma's days in the city for her course thing, which meant that I had to set my alarm so I could be up at 6:30am instead of my usual 7am to do my walk...

That of course meant that I started my walk before the sun had technically come up... which just seemed really weird.

I got home, got ready, Ma rocked up, took her into town, came back, picked up a paper on the way and waited for my Camera Club buddy, Stu to turn up... and it's only just 9am by this point...

Anyway Stu turned up and we went down to this aquarium supply store place called Fish Haven, I think, to take some photos of all the fish. I only took my digital camera, since I wasn't sure if I really wanted to be bothered shooting fish, and definately didn't want to be bothered developing a roll of film.

It was good though... I took about 80 shots, most of them ended up with either blurry fish or flash reflection... and some of the others were a little fuzzy, but I managed a few good ones, like this Discus Fish (at least I think that's what it was... it was what it said on the tank anyway). I might post a couple of the other groovy shots in the next day or so.

So after Stu and I were done at the fish place, which we actually wandered around for about an hour and a half, he dropped me home, and I just managed to download and go through all the shots I took, and then get online ready to do a post, than Ma called me to say she was finished early and could I come and get her.

After that we went shopping for a little while, and now here it is, nearly 5pm and this is the most time I've had to myself all day.

Not that I'm complaining though, it's nice to be busy, it just feels like I'm now trying to squeeze the rest of my day into this evening.

Current Mood: busy day

1 comment:

Larry said...

One of my coworkers got a little fish bowl and some fish from her fiancee this week. The next day Todd went out and got a Beta fish for himself and named it Kendall. Well, Todd has been bugging me this week so just to irritate him I have been refering ti Kendall as "Fishstick" the past couple of days :)