book tease

I was doing that whole link following thing again, and ended up at Dewey's Dartboard where I found this interesting little meme...

Here are the rules:
  1. Grab the nearest book
  2. Open the book to page 123
  3. Find the fifth sentence
  4. Post the text of the next 3 sentences (#5,6,7) on your blog, along with these instructions
  5. Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! Just grab what is closest. No cheating.
Well, the closest book to my computer is the book I'm currently reading...

the sword of calandraThe Sword of Calandra by Susan Dexter...

And the appropriate sentences are...

And when I'd listened that once, I'd given him the key to my ear. I was lost in that minute, and too stupid to know it. I don't exist anymore.

So, a little on the overly dramatic side...

Current Mood: undecided

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Spare nothing, I tell them.
Destroy everything.
With the dawn, Hephaestion, Telamon and I enter the city proper."

from 'ALEXANDER: The Virtues of War'

War, unfortunately, will never be over,
Marcus