two thousand and twenty three in review

2023 year of the rabbit

Here we are... we made it all the way to the last day of 2023. Well done us.

This year started out with me having tweaked my back, and having gotten a library card again for the first time in two decades... so, suffice to say, reading featured really heavily in my overall year initially because I could do it while laying down, but later because I just kept going. But that's getting it's own post later.

Also, brief sidebar... Australia Post have started doing weird things to the images of the stamps they put online (understandable, I guess)... so that's less fun. I might need to revisit the whole stamp idea come the end of next year. Because that's not aesthetic.

After skimming through a year's worth of blog posts, there wasn't a huge amount of anything hugely exciting. So you'll have to deal with the stuff that did stand out to me. 

Also, my life is mostly boring... but the 35 of you who seem to stick around must enjoy it or something. Hi, but the way... thanks for being here. Otherwise I'm just basically prattling on into the void for my own amusement. And so that when I have a "when did that thing happen in my life", I can come here and look it up.

So... like I was saying... prattling into the void.

January: I finished the Friday Night DnD campaign I was running. We played Hero Quest as a breather between my campaign and the next campaign.

February: I started walking in the mornings again (I did extend the walk at some point, I can't find a post about it). I got to meet Baby Owlgirl. I got my fifth booster shot.

March: We went down to Port Adelaide to see Wonderwalls street art. Also, birthday. I ended the month with a rental inspection.

April: I started playing Horizon Forbidden West (sadly my PS4 is old and annoying and I haven't been able to finish it). Ma wasn't well. I reset the Fall Down Go Boom counter.

May: We finished the short Friday Night Hero Quest campaign and started a new DnD campaign.

June: Ma's birthday and a movie. I bought (big monster feet) slippers and an enormous fleece-lined, knee-length hoodie, amongst the best decisions I made all year.

July: We're counting this as the point that my back finally started to be officially on the mend after six months of giving me (a lot of) trouble. Another inspection.

August: I got to hold a very small baby through a whole game of DnD. What? Not a lot else happened.

September: I started learning to crochet, although was keeping it on the down-low. Which turned into The Secret Project. I got my sixth booster shot the same week.

October: Fluffy went on his Grand Adventure for three weeks. I missed his stupid face. There was too much Going To See Doctors And Getting Tests Done.

November: I updated my blog template again. I finished the Secret Project, but wasn't able to reveal it until after Christmas. I accidentally broke my "gentleman drought". Fluffy came home again.

December: Friday Night DnD became Friday Night Board Game Christmas. I got to reveal the Secret Project, finally. Christmas happened and was the coldest Christmas in 17 years.

And... that's a wrap.

No comments: