photo saturday: professing professor

professor jhar - academic, sorcerer, problematic

Today's DnD Character Colouring Book proves the adage... sometimes you gotta get weird with it. Is that an adage? Probably not. It should be.

I was thinking about clerics and thinking about Dragonborn. And my general problem with making Dragonborn in Hero Forge is that it's hard to make the kind of Dragonborn I like, where they actually look similar to their respective dragon types.

But I was thinking about Chromatic Dragonborn, the ones "descended" from the "bad" kinds of dragons. Your reds, your blacks, your blues, etc. And I was thinking about a cleric, but then you get into the whole "good god for a Dragonborn who isn't automatically the one good god of Dragonborn".

So I wandered off to sorcerer. As I am want to do.

And if I'm going for the cleric vibe, it has to be Divine Soul Sorcerer. But if I wanted to make a Red Dragonborn, where does that leave me. Because if they were pulling their power from the Good Dragon God, then their outfit probably needs to be blue. But they're red, so it just clashes.

Then I thought, what happens if they were getting their magic from the bloodline of the Bad Dragon Goddess, but otherwise had no affection or affiliation for her. And then, based mostly on the outfit, I thought Sage was a good background... and I saw one of the options in "what kind of sage were you?" was "discredited academic" and it all kind of fell into place.

Add in my favourite city in all of Faerun, Silverymoon, and we have Professor Jhar, former instructor at Arkhen's Invocatorium, part of the Conclave (University) of Silverymoon. I'm slightly fuzzy on why he's now discredited, but still, that's something that would get ironed out depending on when and where I played him, if that were to ever happen.

But I do enjoy this design very much.

Anyway.

Halfling Tomato Soup this week. Which almost didn't happen when my can opener decided that it just wasn't feeling it when I came to open the big cans of tomato needed for said soup. I got there in the end, but there was a small element of panic for a moment or two.

It all worked out fine though.

Thursday Night DnD was essentially chaos. Not least of all because we were playing in a different location. The upside of said location is that there was a baby for me to hold/cuddle/send to sleep for about half the night. But also, the Traumatise Other Player plan was kind of a fizzer. Mostly because Other Player wasn't... I dunno... in the mood I guess.

So instead I dashed away from the rest of the group and almost got incredibly murdered.

And when the person who is usually the Chaos Goblin in that group was the one to tell my character off about running off on their own... which is such delicious irony that I can't even.

Friday Night DnD was essentially one long battle. So... you know... fine.

Anyway.

Today was Supermarket. Obviously. And then the seemingly simple task of "Buy pie plate". Do you think I could find a pie plate anywhere? I could not.

And that was after looking in Big W, Kmart and Coles. Well, to be fair. I found a glass pie plate. But I don't want a glass pie plate.

Of course five seconds on Google tells me that they have a $2.50 pie plate and a $10 pie plate. So, that'll be next week. Maybe.

We did also look for toy trucks for small person birthday, so that was something different.

No comments: