photo saturday: pie-in-face

bobo da corte - jester, brawler, carny

So, sometimes there are ideas that just move into your brain without being asked, unpack furniture and change the locks.

Bobo was one of those ideas. And it was like half of an idea to start with... "goblin in jester outfit". But then I started thinking about what class, and threw out Swarmkeeper ranger, went to Wild Magic Barbarian and changed the colour scheme from black and yellow to black, pink and blue.

I also needed to fuck around in Photoshop to get all the coloured shapes to be the colours I wanted them to be by making two versions with opposing colours and doing a cut and paste to get it to look the way I wanted it to.

So, Bobo got a tambourine that functions as a shield, and a full on ACME mallet.

Also I love the idea of turning the Wild Surge effects that happen when a Wild Magic Barbarian rages with stupid, clown related stuff. Instead of "an intangible spirit, which looks like a flumph or a pixie (your choice)" that explodes, it's a cartoon bomb. Instead of "a bolt of light shoots from your chest" that potentially blinds an attacker, it's a custard pie. And for when the "shadowy tendrils lash around you" instead becomes the two "ears" on his fool's cap. You know, dumb stuff like that.

I also love the idea of playing tiny barbarians. Just because it's more fun than a big burly brute.

And yes, his name essentially translates to "court jester".

Anyway...

Remember last week when I said...

Look forward to next week where I just complain that the soup was nothing special, because I'm flying without a net or much of a plan honestly.

 Yeah. That. It was fine, but it was boring.

[clandestine reference to project that look up about 18 hours of the week but that I'm keeping on the downlow right now because reasons]

I did also make an actual apple pie. Which, unsurprisingly, turned out much, much, much better than the terrible mock apple pie I made the other week.

Thursday Night DnD was much less [stream of consciousness]. We were also down our Barbarian, which means that you can 100% guarantee that we're going to engage in combat. Which is exactly what happened. We also diverted some (much?) of the potentially fallout from last week.

Friday was Chiro Day. And, much as I suggested would happen to the woman on reception last month, I totally blanked on the fact that my actual appointment was a full half hour later than usual and went into town at the usual time, only to realise I had a bunch of time to kill once I got into town. So instead I did much of the things I would normally do after the Chiro. Namely, Games World, EB Games and Dymocks.

I also discovered that Fluffy was also in town at the same time.

After Chiro, I went down to the Terry White Chemist in Rundle Place and finally got my booster. Because I have forgotten to drop in and make an appointment at the one on the Parade every single time I go visit the library for... about a month. So now it's done. And I don't have to worry about it again until the end of March.

Then I texted Fluffy to see where he was, and we met up at a very cool new second hand bookstore in the Myer Centre called Page and Turner. Where the pet store used to be I think. And there was much Looking At Books before I wandered off to Lincraft and he went off to find his dad.

Also, can I just quote a very accurate Tumblr post I saw earlier this week in relation to craft stores...

Craft stores are just like “can I interest you in some…objects? some items? would you like some things?” and every time I’m like Oooh I love objects and items and things!

Yes, this is, in fact, me... in every single craft store ever. 

There was also no Friday Night DnD because people had to do stupid things stupidly early the following morning.

Anyway...

Today was likewise by the numbers. I'm defaulting to tuna mornay for this week, because the weather is definitely taking a turn... but I'm thinking of perhaps trying out "cold soup" over Summer, at least, you know, something mostly tomato based. We'll see.

After the supermarket, we did some futzing around here, then went out to run some errands. Well, an errand. And that was it really.

No comments: