photo saturday: adventing 2023, part two

2023 hero forge advent calendar - week two

Week Two of the Hero Forge Advent Calendar... and I went a little themed for my colouring. I have to say... I am completely obsessed with Day 14's bow... because, I mean, look at it! I instantly started designing archer characters in my head for it.

Everything else... m'eh. Thankfully there's a non creepy face version of the shield. Everything else it beautifully modelled, but I'm not sure it's going to ever get used. With the possible exception of the treasure chest, but I don't use that many base items. And the twiddly corner bits I don't love.

And I'm fine with that... not everything has to be useful to me, especially when we're getting over 30 new items this month. I do have an issue with "directional shields" though. Like, I know that the arm is supposed to be bent, and that's not the case here, but you don't always want the shield covering the whole body either. But it does look a little like the shield is sniffing our friend's armpit there.

Anyway...

This week continued to be... wet.

But also occasionally humid, and just... no.

Did I also end up with what I'm called a mild case of seasonal affective disorder (SAD) because the weather was so weird at the beginning of the week. Kinda.

I also learned not to put grated carrot and zucchini in my quiche recipe. Not good. Although, weirdly, it was better in the days after than it was on Monday when I actually made it. Still not great... but better.

We called Time of Death on Thursday Night DnD for 2023 for this week. People were busy, people were sick, and it probably would have been called off at the last minute anyway.

Friday was also my final Chiro Day for the year. And I took my Chiro a little something just because it's what I do... or have done in the past. Which she really loved, so that was nice.

Friday Night DnD was more Talking To People About Things. And Failing Upwards.

Anyway...

Today we bought too many things at the supermarket. And then we went to the movies. More on that in a second.

But yeah, that was it really.

No comments: