photo saturday: adventing 2023, part one

2023 hero forge advent calendar - week one

Yes, it's that time again... when everybody is very eager to throw content at you 7 days a week, before it all goes back to normal in January. Or more specifically, the Hero Forge Advent Calendar items for 2023.

But I'm also working my way through the 2023 Q Workshop Dice Advent Calendar over on Instagram, which, slightly disappointingly, of the three versions we have between me, Fluffy and Mrs, they're all basically identical. Which is somewhat disappointing. But they're still pretty dice, so I'm not complaining that much.

Getting back to the Hero Forge of it all... this week was a lot of very large items. With varying degrees of interest to me. Basically, I'm good with the whole right side... and while I like the top and the mask, those are going to be very specific use cases. The shield also isn't terrible. But the hammer and the basket are essentially useless to me. The hammer is the latest in a very long line of "too ridiculous to even consider" weapons.

But it's a new free item every day for a month, so I'm not complaining.

Anyway...

Surprising nobody, ditching the zucchini slice in favor of quiche was the correct answer. Much, much better results.

Thursday Night DnD was... both not very much and also The Most Possible. Which is what happens when one of the players is missing and you get to talk about the revelation that was revealed about that character in the last session. And then your character confesses to their feelings for said character. And everyone at the table essentially screams "WHAT!" at you.

Those are literally the moments I live for.

Friday Night DnD... at some point we might actually interact with the actual story again and not just be caught in a travel montage. But I suspect that that may not be any time soon.

But I did suggest a possible group name, not really seriously, and it kind of derailed everyone's brains for a hot minute.

And I'll be honest, I don't even care about a party name. Firstly because we're bad at it, and also because we never come by one naturally, it's always a long walk and feels very forced.

Anyway...

 Today was.. wet.

After a week of warm weather, the rain is back today. And probably tomorrow. So it's been wet all day.

We did the supermarket thing. We weren't going to do anything else because of the weather, but it didn't seem that bad, but we ran some errands for specific items and found none of those items. We did, however, find some things that we've been looking for in other places and failing to find thus far. So, not the worst trip ever.

We did get a bit wet though.

No comments: