productive winter shopping

coloured trolleysIt's been a chilly Winter's shopping day... well, mostly...

But it feels like it's been a productive day!

I started off by changing my sheets this morning, and I'd tidied up the kitchen somewhat last night... so the place felt organised... although a little less so currently since there's crap all over the kitchen bench...

The Supermarket Safari was reasonably lite-on, but things were bought... including a cheap copy of Moon from Woolworths of all places... and things to satisfy my craving for toast with Vegemite and cottage cheese...

Once that was over I had an internal list of things I wanted to purchase, look for or otherwise find, and rather than heading off to Marion, we decided to his Arndale and West Lakes instead.

It seems to have been a REALLY long time since we were last at Arndale... supposedly, if mentions in my blog are to be taken as gospel, then February was the last time we were there together... although I don't think that's quite right somehow...

Part of my mission was to get some Little Golden Book Classics for Sugarmonkey Jr... partly because at some point Sugarmonkey said he wasn't aware of the more famous titles... so I sought some out and found The Saggy Baggy Elephant, Tootle, Tawny Scrawny Lion and The Poky Little Puppy... sadly I couldn't find Scuffy the Tugboat.

I also got more Bonds Slipper Socks... although these may be a little on the small side. I also tried on what can only be described as a "Bonds Foot Doona"... scariest thing I think I've ever put my foot into... and potentially dangerous! Plus I kinda felt like Sweetums from the Muppets...

And I may or may not have bought a Mock Snuggle in zebra print fabric for $8 from The Reject Shop...

Speaking of The Reject Shop though... it's amazing what you can find in there... a free standing set of "rabbit ears" for $6... bargain! And better than blu-tacking the previous set into an old glass soy sauce container filled with rice...

After Arndale we headed down to West Lakes...

I just have to say... for somebody who didn't "get" scarves this time last months, I now appear to have a scarf addiction... that's right, two more... different again from anything I currently have, but still... addiction much!

I also sprayed myself with a variety of fragrances in David Jones that were on special... and after wandering around for a while decided that the Versace Pour Homme seemed to be holding up the best... although not it seems that the Paco Rabanne Black XS is sticking around, but that is on the top of my wrist... I also quite like the new Burberry Sport fragrance, but that wasn't on special... but I may have to put that on my mental wishlist.

I'm possibly the only person in existence who, upon getting his hands on a 2 disc remastered special edition of A Nightmare on Elm Street, was somewhat disappointed because the cover/spine doesn't match the ones for movies 2-6 that I bought the other week...

Anyway... after a quite reasonable lunch from the West Lakes food court we headed back here and I cleaned out both my fridge and my freezer, discarding anything that appeared to be pteranodon meat from the Late Cretaceous period... or else was "unidentifiable frozen stuff in ziplock bags" (actually, Ma took a number of those of my hands to be honest)... so now I have a tidy, if somewhat empty fridge and freezer... woohoo!

I'm about to go and defrost the chicken stock I made last year (by boiling a chicken) and turn it into something passable...

Current Mood:

No comments: