that packing feeling

that packing feelingMy big purple suitcase is staring at me from across the living room... okay, it's not really, because it doesn't have any eyes... but I am reaching that "must organise suitcase and panic about things I have no control over" portion of the pre-holiday preparations.

We're definitely packing this holiday from top to bottom though...

Friday is reasonably clear, although we're going to the Melbourne International Film Festival at night...

Saturday is going to be pretty packed... Tim Burton in the morning then Stephen Fry in the afternoon, which doesn't sound like a lot, but I think it's going to be a long and tiring day.

Sunday may be worse... the Art Centre Market, then the St Kilda Market, then back to the CBD for another MIFF show...

Then Monday we'll essentially be getting up, sorting ourselves out and coming home...

Which is why I decided to take Tuesday off... this is definitely going to be a holiday I need a holiday from.

And as previously mentioned, I'm doing that "panic about things I have no control over" thing I tend to do at some point before most holidays... the car hire place hasn't called me back yet to confirm the booking, I haven't booked the taxi... and well, I always tend to "panic" before stuff.

I don't know that it's what you would call full scale panic, it's more a mild sense of dread...

So tomorrow I have to call the car hire place, book the taxi, tidy the apartment, pack my suitcase and if possible have an early night... oh, and I have to do the internet check-in thing first thing in the morning...

*runs around in ever decreasing circles*

Current Mood: