photo friday: yarra sunset

sunset over the yarra, melbourneThis is one of Ma's favourite shots from our last trip to Melbourne, and all because of the itty bitty little birdy...

Today started with a certain degree of panic and ended with a certain degree of boredom.

I overslept this morning... like "This is usually the time I should be getting ready" overslept... I had no time for breakfast, just threw myself in the shower, got dressed and headed off to work. In some ways it worked out okay, because I got to grab some porridge with caramelised banana from Grass Roots Organic on my way in. And while I probably could have done with sticking it in the microwave for a couple of minutes, it was damn tasty porridge!

The rest of my day was essentially fairly dull.

It does surprise me that people who are supposed to be good communicators but who work for government agencies for long enough lose the ability to be able to communicate effectively and everything starts to take on that "governmental" tone. Sadly there's no arguing with them, especially when you realise they don't really care about a better way to do things.

I made an apple crumble tonight... except I picked the wrong kind of muesli to make the crumble part and I overcooked the apples until they were snot. Even so it wasn't bad. I must remember to buy some rhubarb and a more interesting kind of muesli tomorrow...

See... this is how interesting my life is... porridge and apple crumble...

Current Mood:

1 comment:

Victor said...

Nothing wrong with apple crumble!