credit card saturday

bart simpson credit card scamI didn't intend to do either, but I gave my credit card a serious workout today, and I ate Lynx shower gel...

Oh, and I got a truckload of free comic books...

I also had a couple of slight OCD moments that resulted in some unexpected cleaning... the first was this morning before Ma came down, so resulted in me not being ready when she got here... and potentially also meant I had crap hair for most of the day.

We did the usual Supermarket Safari... I forgot a couple of things, but nothing major...

When we got back and I was unpacking, I noticed a reddish liquid in the bottom of the bag that I assumed was coming from a can of kidney beans that Ma had bought. Nothing else seemed to be leaking, the colour of the liquid was definitely in keeping with the colour of the stuff that's generally in a can of kidney beans, so I didn't think twice about it. And if that had been that I would have been okay...

But then I noticed the liquid was also around the bottom of my bottle of Lynx shower gel... so I wasn't sure if it was kidney bean "juice" or shower gel. In theory I should have just sniffed it, that would have told me... the shower gel has a very particular smell that I'm aware of. But no, I decided to taste it... so I just touched a tiny bit of it to my tongue... and it didn't TASTE like soap, in fact it tasted a little sweet, so I thought it had to be kidney bean juice. But I wasn't sure, so I tasted it again... more this time...

It was shower gel...

And shower gel tastes incredibly bad. No amount of rinsing out my mouth was helping, because the taste had found it's way straight to the back of my throat and I was half way between wanting to gag and trying to cough up a fur ball.

Not pleasant. Funny in retrospect, but not pleasant. And it took most of the day for the taste/feeling of it in the back of my throat to disappear. Urgh...

Anyway, with one thing and another Ma and I decided to head into town, not really with any grand destinations in mind, but a few "looking at stuff" possibilities.

"Looking at stuff" fast turned into "buying stuff".

First stop, Smiggle... which is always dangerous... but I managed to avoid buying anything (Ma wasn't so lucky... but I bought things earlier in the week).

Next up was Harris Scarfe... where they had a particular brand of towel on sale at half price. I bought one in that range last November, and it's a very good towel... so I went perhaps a little nuts and bought another big towel, and two smaller towels and two hand towels and two face washers... one set in green (Spa) to match the towel I had and the other in red (Ruby), because I have a serious fetish about red. It would have been nice if the original towel I'd bought was grey (Granite), but I can either have a whole set in one colour or do half green/half red.

While we were tromping up and down the Mall, we saw a Storm Trooper and a bunch of Jedi who may well have failed their last Jedi physical, but they were carrying "Free Comic Book Day" bags which reminded me that it was in fact Free Comic Book Day!

Both ends of the Mall have a comic book shop, but I prefer the one at the Hindley Street end, Pulp Fiction Comics, and we were headed down that way anyway, and I suddenly thought that I could take a look for the latest Buffy graphic novel, which turned out to be a good idea.

So I left Ma taking a look at broken Easter Egg at Haighs and wandered around the corner. Having never actually gotten my ass to a comic book shop on FCBD I was a little surprised how busy the store was...

The downside to FCBD is that the comics are sometimes a bit questionable, although the ones I picked out didn't seem too bad... and I also got hold of the a couple of extra ones since Ma picked out a couple too (although had I realised what she was doing I would have a different one). And I got the Buffy graphic novel at 20% off... woohoo!

As we were on our way out the door I realised that the Kick Ass graphic novel was in the window, and I couldn't resist, so went back in and bought that too (not at 20% off though, but I still got $5 off).

Part of our original plan was to head off to look at sneakers since Ma wanted more and I'm going to need some soon... but since we had to head down to the other end of the Mall where the other comic book store is, we figured we may as well stop off there and get more free comic books. So we did.

Unfortunately they didn't have one of the titles I wanted, but they let us have three each (as opposed to the other place which was only two each)...

But comic book geeks generally shouldn't wear skin tight lycra... especially if they're over 40... it's not pretty...

We also stopped off at Dymocks where I couldn't resist buying Russell T Davies' book about the new series of Doctor Who... all 700 pages of it...

And it's always dangerous to take Ma into Ikeguchi... of course it's also dangerous to take me in there when they have things like Piperoids...

Sadly the sneaker place we went to wasn't having the sale I thought they were... so we didn't stay long, but I convinced Ma to stop off at Foot Locker, and I left her looking at women's shoes while I went to look at men's shoes... and the next thing I hear, she's chatting to one of the salesmen and has bought shoes...

By that point we'd been up and down the Mall about 5 times... and we needed something to eat, something to drink and to sit down... cue pizza and bubble tea in the Myer Centre.

And then we gave up and came back here...

Which should have been the end of the story... except I needed to ditch some of my old bedding which somehow led to me emptying the top part of my wardrobe and sending a bunch of stuff off with Ma to give to charity, and a much cleaner and more organised wardrobe (well, the top bit anyway)... it also clearly proved that I hold on to way too much shit that I no longer need.

Current Mood:

No comments: