sunday sytycd

I miss the American version of So You Think You Can Dance... I can't stand any of the hosts involved in the Australian version, so I'm missing my Cat Deeley... and Mia Michaels... and Sonya Tayeh... and, well, the dancers...

And that's both the bonus and the downside of YouTube... some of my favourite dances just don't show up, and sometimes the quality of the videos is a little squiffy...

Why haven't they ever released DVDs of all the dances?

Anyway... some of my favourites...


Mark and Chelsea with Bleeding Love... to this day I can't hear this song without connecting it to this dance...


Kayla and Kūpono with Gravity... I just cry... just about every time... stunning!


Twitch and Katee with Mercy... choreographed by the divine Mia Michaels... styling by the House of Amy Winehouse... and shows off the appropriate use of props...


Kherington and Twitch with Dreaming With A Broken Heart... and more Mia and more props... which also makes me choke up a little...


And just to show that not all of SYTYCD makes me cry, here's the Mia Michaels/Tex Avery approach from Evan and Randi with Koop Island Blues... affectionately known as "The Butt Dance"...

Current Mood:

No comments: