photo friday: fluffy

big thick fluffy towelsThese are the Sheridan towels I bought last weekend... they're big and thick and fluffy and lovely... although being red and green they're a little hard to photograph...

Other random titbits from this week include...
  • I fell over on a reasonably level bit of footpath on Tuesday in a valiant attempt to stop Ma from sending a text message... and ripped open the inseam of my work pants from crotch to knee... so to stop a 25c message, I had to pay my dry cleaners $4.40 to repair my pants...
  • I wrote my first work related email about Twitter today... I managed about a page and a half completely out of my own head... although knowing where I work Twitter isn't going to be the right tool but they've latched onto it because it's "the thing"...
  • I saw a borderline explicit PDA between two guys after I got off the bus this afternoon... they were sitting at the coffee shop, one in running/workout shorts, and the other one had his hand tucked at the top of the thigh. Still gives me a mental happy when I see boy on boy PDA tho...
  • I don't think that I've seen as many babies in the last four years as I have over the twelve months in The Nut House... we had two different ones come and visit this week alone...
  • I didn't want to get up this morning... so I didn't... but instead of going back to sleep I essentially just lay there for an hour before getting up...
  • I also had a number of in depth conversations with people this week... mostly work related... but there's a degree of dissatisfaction going on around the place that's a little disturbing... not that I'm immune, I've been Snappy McSnappypants on a couple of occasions this week...
And now, thankfully, it's the weekend...

Current Mood:

1 comment:

Amy Trapp said...

Hi Yani,
I enjoyed reading the recap of your week! That stinks about the pants, but I've found myself in similar situations where you kick yourself a little afterward. An example being that last summer. I held a party and because of my "need" for control and "doing it myself", I was trying to retrieve a bottle of ketchup (or some other inconsequential item) from the fridge and inadvertantly bumped a glass bottle of liquid smoke, which I attempted to brake its fall with my foot, only to propel it forward into the neighboring wall. At the end of the slow motion incident, I ended up ruining a brand new pair of WHITE pants, ugh..... the kicker is that my sister-in-law who had asked about the condiment in the first place was standing right next to me. I could have simply asked her to grab it, as opposed to trying to juggle so many tasks at once. A lesson I've learned and think about every once in a while whenever I miss those white pants :-)

As far as the company using twitter because it's the "thing", I'd love to hear more.

Incidentally I stumbled upon your blog based on a twitter post regarding an enterprise microblogging solution (similar to twitter). I would love to have you also take a look, at your convenience, at another enterprise twitter solution that might be of interest to your company.

http://presently.com

Feel free to check it out if you have a few moments. And I'd be happy to answer any specific questions you might have.

Have a terrific weekend!