standard saturday with movie

trolley depth of fieldAll in all, a pretty bog standard Saturday... well, mostly.

I'm so very thankful for the end of Daylight Savings tomorrow morning though... it's been too damn dark in the mornings.

And I'm not a big fan of having to put lights on in the morning... I much prefer to do things with ambient light.

But enough about light and lack of same.

Like I said, pretty much everything was standard this morning... I mean Saturday mornings aren't very often different, but today's stuck to the pattern. And weirdly, even though I did a relatively large shop last week, I still came back from today's trip with more than I'd expected to. The only problem is getting it all in my undersized fridge.

After I crammed everything away in the appropriate places we headed into the city to go and see The Hunger Games at Palace Nova. It's been two whole months since we last saw something at the movies!

Now, there are certain times when I don't "get" movie audiences... well, not whole audiences, but usually specific individuals in the cinema. And today was one of those days... a group of guys (either four or five of them, I'm not sure) in their mid 20's, and the type of guys you would expect to see at a gross out comedy movie or something where everything blows up every five seconds. I don't know what the hell they were doing at The Hunger Games. They weren't exactly disruptive, although there were a few times when they made some noise... but on two occasions it was more smell than sound... completely revolting!

Afterwards we wandered down the Mall, picked up some stuff at The Body Shop, then wandered back down Rundle Street and stopped at Dumplings R Us for something to eat.

And I proceeded to splash soy sauce on my Kidrobot watch... and my shirt... and a large portion of the table. But I only really care about my watch... I realised afterwards that the soy sauce had gone down the sides of the face and were showing up around the plastic rim. Arggghhhh! So currently it's in a zip lock bag with some rice, and hopefully that will fix it!

Annoyingly, I almost didn't wear it into the city... I actually went back in the house and got it... that'll teach me.

And for anyone keeping score, the less wrathful thing was still working today (not so much right this second due to annoying neighbour children screaming at the top of their lungs... but overall)... we'll have to see how it works out at the end of next week. I'm not saying I'm going to stop being cynical/realistic... but it's a work in progress.

Current Mood:

No comments: