And as always these milestone posts cause me to reflect somewhat on the blog in general... in between trying to work out if a post about posting is actually a valid thing to post about... since I think I said most of what was on my mind regarding this blog back in July.
I did some calculations earlier, lumped some blogging labels in together and got a little carried away...
|Servings Per Pack: 1|
Serving Size: 2000 posts
|Featured Photos, Photo Friday & Street Art (inc 2% Benzo)||658||33%|
|Excursions (inc Sydney & Melbourne), Shopping & Special Day||457||23%|
|Memes, Quizzes & Unconscious Mutterings||442||22%|
|Pop Culture, Books, Movies & DVDs||332||17%|
|About Me, Exposing Myself, Hair Adventures & Work||319||16%|
|General Randomness (inc random randomness)||307||15%|
|Observations, Thoughts On & Montage Musings||235||12%|
|Men, Gay & Saunatime||138||7%|
|Blog Stuff, Templates and Beast||98||5%|
|* Based on an average adult diet.|
Your daily intake make be higher or lower depending on your energy levels.
I worked out some interesting but not overly surprising things... firstly that there's a hell of a lot of image action going on here at yaniblog, and I only talk specifically about men, sex and "gay stuff" about 7% of the time.
It also made me think about other blogs around the place... people that have completely gone (Larry, Andrew) and people who are gone in all but name (Tom, Monty, Tony).
It's hard work, this blogging thing... not that I don't enjoy it, but I do spend a goodly amount of time writing things up... time that I'm sure I probably just used to waste watching teevee or diddling around on other websites, but still.
Some of the "highlights" of the past 2000 posts (caution: list may not contain actual highlights):
- October 2006: Blogging Thoughts
- September 2007: Unexpected Sauna Adventures
- December 2007: Benzo (not the best Benzo post, but it's when I discovered his name)
- August 2006: Papa's Got A Brand New Bag (the new template comes online)
- March 2008: Yani On Tour (Sydney)
- May 2008: Body Mind & Psychic Expo 2008
- September 2006: Exposing My Apartment
- February 2007: Better Than Fiction (the first movie ever to get 10 out of 10)
- June 2009: Thoughts On My Old Mattres