what to do

oh what to do, what to doooo?Good gods I hate having to change my routine...

And by the looks of things, it's going to be about a month before the regular Saturday morning routine returns completely. This week Ma is off to the undisclosed beachside location she takes off to occasionally... next week I have my pre-Sydney haircut ("somewhat blonde and nicely gay thanks!")... the week after is Ma's pre-Sydney haircut (they were supposed to be the same morning to make things easier, but then Tink had to go and take a week off and move my appointment)... then there's Sydney (although that's during the week, not over the weekend)... then there's the weekend after we get back, which may or may not involve shopping, because we talked about doing that on the Friday when we get home.

So I'm a whole world of "hmmm, yes, well... what now?" today...

Add to that the whole world of slight background growling from the Clipsal 500 cars that I can hear occasionally and the roar of planes that are probably something to do with the race too, since they're louder than the usual plane noise... not to mention the fact that I could hear the Clipsal post race concert and/or the Fringe opening party last night when the wind was blowing in just the right direction (really weird... sometimes it sounded like it was happening just down the block, other times you couldn't hear it at all). And since Ma and I were planning to go into town tomorrow after a much later Sunday shopping adventure, that could be a whole world of both interesting and really frustrating... what with the possibility of stupid amounts of people (or amounts of stupid people, either way really)... which I always love and adore... NOT!

It's also weird right at the moment... I'm half chatting with a guy who is probably going to model for me (and who I first had a conversation with on the same topic back in, I think, 2003... but then nothing came of it). But maybe I'm just over this whole thing of taking portrait photos, or maybe it's just that I've had a vast number of these conversations over the years that never lead anywhere, but I'm somewhat blah about the whole thing. I mean if it all comes together that's good... but I can't say I'm that excited about the idea.

Maybe it's just because I'm over people in general (okay, massive overexaggeration), or because nobody (with the exception of Fox) has made any sort of query about photos in the longest time (damn you easily available digital cameras!) or because this particular model has asked me the same question about 110 different ways (which basically amounts to whether or not his virtue is going to be safe with me if he takes off all his clothes... which is fine if you just ask the once, but asking a variety of questions on the same theme, when all the answers are basically the same is both presumptive and slightly insulting... and he may have to be told in a second... grrrrr...

And if the weather wasn't quite so windy and slightly chilly I might go out for a bit, but I'm not overly thrilled about that idea... doesn't mean it won't happen, but it doesn't strike me as a great plan just at the moment.

I'm also trying to decide if a visit to the sauna might be on the cards for this afternoon/evening... I mean, on the upside there will be a number of tourists in town currently for various reasons, so it could be jumping... however there could be a lack of parking spaces given the number of people running around the place... and it is a full moon this weekend, which usually, for whatever reason, puts my mind in that general kind of mode... and I also had it in the back of my mind that it might be a good idea to "get it out of the way" (which I don't mean the way it sounds, but I can't think of a better phrase right at the moment) before my trip. I dunno...

That does seem to be my theme for today actually... "I dunno"... I dunno much of anything really today.

Current Mood:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well I hope you figured out what do to... :(