toona-noodle-doo

toona noodle doo 2006Now we should all know that I'm not the least little bit "traditionally" religious... or "untraditionally" either really... but some traditions or routines from your childhood just stick... and since today is Good Friday... and all through my childhood we always had some kind of fish on Good Friday (there have been a couple of years where I decided to go completely the opposite way, and eat as much meat as I possibly could... but really, I'm not that big on red meat anyway, so what's the point)... so I'm making something that's NEARLY as much a part of my childhood as that... Tuna Noodle Casserole... and since I've shared various other recipies before (Tuna Mornay, Muffins, Rocky Road), I figured I might as well share this one too...

Oh, and the title of this post is what Ma and I tend to call this dish... I honestly don't know why anymore...

Tuna Noodle Casserole (aka Toona Noodle Doo)

250g pasta shells (cooked)
2 tablespoons margarine
1 finely chopped onion
425g can tuna - drained and flaked
440g can Cream of Celery Soup
½ cup sliced celery
2 eggs (cooked and chopped)
½ cup milk
½ cup grated tasty cheese

Directions

Melt margarine, add onion - cook until transparent. In lightly greased casserole dish combine large shells, tuna, soup, celery, eggs and onion, add milk. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well and top with cheese. Bake in moderate oven at 180ºC for 45 mins. or until heated through.

Current Mood: pretty damn contented

1 comment:

Sunshine said...

That looks so good :) I might try making it.