photo friday: hunter and prey

snow leopard, taronga zoozen mountaineer, taronga zoo
It's been an interesting week living as a functional invalid...

Firstly I'm glad I'm not less functional than I am, because people don't really seem to notice or care about the fact I'm walking with a stick... only one bus driver during the whole week actually specifically lowered the bus for me and nobody has offered me a seat on the bus. Not that I really needed either of those things, but it would have been nice to be asked.

I'm definitely feeling better than I was, what with going to and from work, moving around much more during the work day and sitting in a chair that's somewhat more forgiving on my back.

But I think I'm using different muscles than I would usually use while getting around, so I'm a little sore in strange and unusual places after a week of being back in The Nut House.

Fortunately there was quite a bit of work kicking around this week, as well as me having to catch up on being away for two weeks, so I haven't had a lot of time to think about it.

And work also has the potential to become insane in the next few weeks... so we'll see what happens.

It's not been a very exciting week otherwise... well, kind of before yesterday, and that only seemed exciting in relation to the three weeks beforehand.

Yesterday though, I had both lunch and dinner at the Burger Theory truck (and bought a big yellow Burger Theory umbrella) and also went to Peter Drew's solo gallery show at AP Bond. Sadly I missed out on buying the piece of artwork I really wanted to buy, but he was giving away a print of his pixel alphabet, so I have that and will need to get myself a frame for it.

Oh, and then find somewhere to put it... and the last six pieces of artwork that I bought...

After work tonight I dropping into the gym to put a hold on my membership for the next four weeks and then going to see the ladies at my dry-cleaner just to let them know I was still alive.

And given the way the weather is at present and the fact that I've been upright for a whole week and I'm kind of over it, I am considering dragging the laptop into the bedroom again after dinner and curling up in bed watching a movie.

Actually that sounds pretty good...

Current Mood:

No comments: