melbourne whotrip2012

melbourne 1901 doctor who symphony spectacular
I realised that beyond a couple of "we're going to Melbourne" comments in passing, I really didn't sit down and hammer out a post specifically outlining why we were going, what we were doing and, you know, what the special Twitter hashtag for the trip would be...

Which kind of goes along with how unfocused I was about this whole trip, right up until we got there. I knew it was happening, everything was booked, but it really didn't coalesce in my head until we arrived. I think it was partly to do with all the hot weather we've been having, it seems to have sapped all my energy and drive... or I could just be tired of everything. Who knows.

But here's the skinny... a little late perhaps but that can't be helped.

Some time ago I saw a random reference to the Doctor Who Symphony Spectacular coming to Melbourne...
A musical celebration with the Doctor on the big screen and a host of live monsters including Daleks, Cybermen and The Silence invading the venue. Inspired by the BBC Doctor Who Proms at the Royal Albert Hall in London, the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra, conducted by Ben Foster, will premiere Murray Gold's amazing music from the last two seasons of the legendary BBC series.
So naturally we had to go. Even with my general apathy regarding the current Doctor and his infuriating companions, it was possibly a once in a lifetime experience... and it's still Doctor Who after all.

Which is why the hashtag I decided on for the trip is #WhoTrip2012... seemed appropriate.

It was only a short trip though...
But sometimes you just need a few days away...

Current Mood:

1 comment:

Victor said...

I saw a replay of the concert from the Albert Hall in London on Foxtel only a few weeks ago. Members of the current cast appeared live on stage. It was very enjoyable (and I have never actually viewed a single episode of Doctor Who).