productive saturday shopping

sadly, not the kind of experience i had while shoe shopping...A chilly yet constructive Saturday thus far...

After dragging myself out of my very warm bed this morning and going through the usual Saturday morning motions, we headed out for the usual Supermarket Safari... so business as usual really.

We may have gotten a little overexcited that the Foodland/Menz brand of lollies we both take to work were on special for half price, so we may have bought 23 packets between us...

For a change we both had things we needed to get... for Ma it was presents for a new baby and for me, new gym sneakers since I realised this week that I've just about worn through the sole of my current pair.

So the city seemed like the most appropriate venue...

We pretty much wandered around from David Jones to Myer and a bunch of places inbetween looking for the appropriate bits and pieces for Ma... photo frame, stuffed rabbit (which I still need for Tink's baby before the end of July... but nothing seems quite right so far), cards, bags, etc...

And then we stopped off at the Bubble T place in the Myer Centre while one of the photo frames was being engraved and had hot Bubble T... which is surprisingly good... the pearls have a different texture and it's really quite tasty.

Then finally once Ma had done all of her stuff I got a chance to look for sneakers... hence the rather blatant image at the top of this post...

Well, "look for" is probably a misnomer, given that I've been going to the same store for a while now where they measure up my feet and then select one or more ugly pairs of sneakers, I then choose one of the aforementioned ugly pairs of sneakers, pay and go on my way.

And it's almost not worth them bring out more than one pair, because I try them all on, and unless one of them is spectacularly uncomfortable, I really can't tell the difference.

asics foundationFortunately, this time one of the pairs, while still ugly, was a little bit blingy with some gold and black...

I'm sure I've blogged before about the singularly unattractive designs of most of the styles of men's sneakers... and the fact that even when there are interesting sneakers, they never seem to have them in whatever it is the nice people seem to believe I need from a sneaker after they measure my feet and make me stand on strange platforms.

On the upside, since I've been letting them pick out an ugly but appropriately supportive/sized sneaker, I've never had a problem with having to break the shoes in or the shoes breaking my feet.

And then that was about that...

We came back here, Ma wrapped up the presents so that she could go and see the aforementioned mother/baby, but she should be due back shortly since tonight is the first of our pilgrimages to this year's Adelaide Cabaret Festival.

Now if only I had the slightest idea what the hell to wear. And it's doubly difficult because outside the venue where the food places are it will be freezing cold, but inside the theatre itself it will be boiling hot just like it has been the last two years... I'm thinking maybe a sweater over a t-shirt with a jacket... and a scarf... so either the baby blue sweater with the blue and orange scarf or the brown sweater with some other scarf...

Oh who the hell knows... I'll make shit up.

Current Mood:

1 comment:

Victor said...

What is that gorgeous man doing to that sneaker?!