east end saturday

east by mr matt stuckey apple eye sky pie
torn pixelface formerly the york street street art gallery... big fat fail adelaide
Today has kinda been a day for checking boxes... things to do, places to go... that kind of thing.

It all started out with the usual Saturday routine (I know... it's very predictable)... except I had to drop my car off at the mechanic for it's service... but I did that, we wandered the supermarket then came back here to unpack and watch half an episode of Tabitha's Salon Takeover (it's one of those shows that makes me cringe, but it's compelling... one day I'd like to see what happens in the second half of an episode).

Then, since we had free movie tickets for 11:30, I called the mechanic and it turned out my car was ready, but he just hadn't done the paperwork... so we trundled down there to get my car, dropped it off here and headed into the city.

Our first stop when we got into the city was Palace Nova to see the advanced screening of Beginners (more on that later), then once the movie was over we did a little wandering around so I could snap some photos, including the new East artwork by Matt Stuckey (he's responsible for the dumpster I bought last year).

I was disappointed to see that the former York Street street art wall had been buffed and the "open wall" sign replaced with a rather childish "Street art is NOT permitted..." sign complete with a red border.

Our next stop was the One Hour Hem place in Adelaide Arcade to get Ma's new jeans taken up.

And that was about it really... I had intended to stop off in Lincraft/Spotlight to look at cross stitch supplies, but as we didn't end up going that far up the mall so it never crossed my mind... I'll have to do it later in the week.

We did end up heading down Rundle Street to get something to eat though... neither of us really knew where we wanted to go so we ended up at Eros having burgers. Not bad, although they really need to go easy on the garlic...

It was kind of a long day, although it doesn't sound like much...

Current Mood:

No comments: