photo friday: qvb christmas tree

qvb christmas treeIt seems like such a long time ago now that we were in Sydney... but it's less than two months! Fortunately we were lucky enough to see the four storey Swarovski Christmas tree in QVB... so purdy!

Speaking of which (Christmas, not Sydney)... I hate that the weeks leading up to Christmas start to seem longer and longer and longer... I have a feeling that next week is going to be painful... at least until Friday, since I'm leaving at lunch time to get my hair did.

Oh, and Tuesday because we have a Nut House lunch followed by a couple of meetings in the afternoon... so maybe I'll sleep though those...

Not that I really want Christmas to come that soon, even though it means a week off... because once Christmas is done, then it's New Years, then I got back to work, and all this shit starts over again and I have to remember to put an "11" at the end of dates instead of a "10", then before you know it, it's my birthday and I'm one year closer to being 40 with not much to show for it...

Okay, I'm mostly kidding... mostly...

There's a possibility that we might be getting an iPad at work... I'm still not completely sure WHY ("to see how stuff looks on it" doesn't seem to be that definitive an answer)... but I'm not going to argue about it, especially since that way I get to see all the ins and outs of what it entails and how much it will cost without actually buying one. So, research essentially.

Staying on the work related theme... is it kinda weird if one of your co-workers reads your blog? I mean I have this whole anonymity thing and I use pseudonyms for everyone and I'm careful about mentioning some things... but it's kinda weird to know that someone I work with reads my stuff. Okay, maybe it's only because of the particular person... and yes, I would probably do the same if the positions were reversed, I just wouldn't ever mention I was doing it. But then I'm a sneaky bastard.

Moving on...

The first of my "eBay Toy Soldiers" arrived this week... so very, very tiny... but it got left on the doorstep, which is never good... so now I'm kind of panicking that one or more of the others may have already turned up, left on the doorstep and been stolen. Which probably isn't the case, but it's where my mind automatically goes. We'll see.

I've been watching the second season of RuPaul's Drag Race this week... it's so bad, but so good... it's kind of like America's Next Top Model, but with sewing... and cock (well not actual cock... but all the participants have one). Actually, it's almost exactly the same as ANTM... which was always a guilty pleasure.

And that's about it really... other than the fact we're making Christmas goodies on Sunday, and somehow my list has bulked out to an even dozen... it shouldn't be, except for the fact that I can't NOT give them to certain people. Kind of irritating, but what are you gunna do!

Current Mood:

No comments: