cabaret: que sera sharah

adelaide cabaret festival - tom sharah - que sera sharahLast night was a very pleasant night indeed...

After a very delightful dinner (Best! Chicken! Ever!) at Paesano in North Adelaide we headed off to the Festival Theatre to see Tom Sharah.

Like Nick Christo last year, Tom's show Que Sera Sharah, was chosen specifically because he looked so damn cute in the festival guide.

There's only one problem with general admission shows and that's the line... when people have allocated seats they don't bother with a line... but I have the worst luck with lines... the people behind me always end up being somewhat obnoxious...

Fortunately we got a great table near the stage and the people we were sharing it with were quite pleasant.

When Tom strutted his way on stage I knew we were going to be in for a camp old time.

I don't remember all of the songs, but the show did feature:
  • Money Money Money
  • Good Morning Heartache
  • Stop (the Sam Browne version)
  • Who'd I Be (from the Shrek musical)
  • A Spice Girls Medley
  • I'll Be Watching You
  • Que Sera Sera (obviously)
Tom definitely put his own stamp on all of the songs... but none so much as "I'll Be Watching You"... which as soon as he started singing made me just about fall off my chair laughing.

While the lyrics seem completely reasonable... "Every breath you take/And every move you make/Every bond you break/Every step you take\I'll be watching you"... imagine them sung by a slightly crazed stalker... and they take on a whole new meaning.

Tom puts on a great show though... he's funny in the pieces between songs, he's quite cute, he's camper than a boy scout jamboree at times and he has a beautiful voice.

The only downside (other than the stage light that was pointed straight at me) was that the show was only an hour long.

He's definitely one to watch...

Current Mood:

No comments: