shopping unrelated to halloween

sexy, silver and undeadBlah, blah, blah... Halloween... blah, blah blah...

I'm torn between going out tonight and just being holed up here with whatever scary movies (or episodes of True Blood) come to hand and ignore anybody stupid enough to come a-callin.

The whole concept of Halloween in the Southern Hemisphere is just stupid. It's not autumn, it's not chilly (especially today), etc, etc. So I'm just giving the big old "bah humbug" in Halloween's general direction.

But enough about that... let's talk about the rest of today.

I really need to start going to bed earlier on Friday nights... that way I wouldn't end up sleeping in quite so late (relatively speaking obviously) the following morning. But I still managed to get the majority of stuff done that I needed to before Ma showed up.

As we were heading out the door, I happened across a $20 note on the ground just inside the gate... so score one for me. It also came in handy later in the day.

And then there was shopping... blah, blah blah... same old same old, week in week out.

Once we were done with the shopping and the like, I suggested to Ma that we go off and see a movie at Hoyts (thanks to the voucher that La Cousina gave us last Christmas which expires in December... and since we never go to Hoyts these days, it required a special trip)... so we headed off to Norwood to see The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus. Since it was the first movie of the day, the theatre wasn't open yet, so we had a rousing game of air hockey (Ma pwned me in the last minute 7 to 5 after my early lead of 2 nil) and then headed in.

Afterwards we headed back to the car... but because we'd parked in a 2 hour zone, and had been away for 2 and three quarter hours (naughty I know), we found a parking ticket. Bollocks, but not overly unexpected. Fortunately, it was for $21, so that's why the $20 I found earlier came in useful... I can use it to pay for the parking ticket... woohoo!

After much indecision we ended up heading off to Rundle Street and wandered the length of the street and then back again, theoretically looking for somewhere to go and get some lunch. But for whatever reason I'm very seldom hungry during the day on a Saturday (coupled with the indecision factor of not knowing what the hell we wanted)... maybe it's because I eat later than I normally would, or it's a carbs thing, or a milk thing, I dunno... but nothing really appealed, and in the end we gave up and just stopped off at Cocolat for a drink and a bit of a rest before we called it a day.

So, yeah... this is about as exciting as my life gets currently...

Current Mood:

No comments: