melbourne: day five

the city of melbourne, building styleAnd so our holiday comes to an end... today's Montage is all about the architecture of Melbourne...

I had a pretty good night's sleep (well, midnight to 6:30 anyway) since all the pubs and clubs around the hotel were closed (bless you Sunday night). When I did get up, I got ready, packed up the last of my stuff and watched Mythbusters on Discovery until Ma messaged me.

When everybody was organised we went out and wandered around looking for some breakfast... we ended up back at Max Brenner for a very chocolaty breakfast. Gotta love crepes with banana and chocolate and a Thick Italian Chocolate chaser.

By the time we got back to the hotel we had just enough time to pick up our bags, check out and head downstairs to meet the hire car. Sadly it wasn't a limo this time, but we did have the very friendly Carlos as our driver.

We got to the airport with more than enough time to spare, only to discover that our end of the airpot was severely lacking in anything to look at or do once we'd gone through the security gate. PT got online to do the Bookface thing (which she'd been doing on and off all the time we were away via her phone... and that's just another reason for me to avoid it like the plague).

The plane was exactly on time and I actually managed really well, I tried closing my eyes while we were doing any of the stuff that makes me feel off, and it seemed to help. Can someone actually explain to me though why smaller jets have stupid seat numbering (okay, it's actually letters, but you know what I mean)... if a plane has four seats across the width of the plane, why the hell aren't they just A B C & D... why do they have to make them A C D F... it's very confusing (actually it confused us on both trips).

La Cousina and Mr Cousina were there to meet us when the plane got in... it felt a little weird to be back actually... but they dropped me off at home and it was all officially over and done with.

I've really quite enjoyed myself these last five days... sure there have been a few hiccups along the way, and like I said earlier, it may have been one day too many, but I did have a good time. Having said that I will be glad to get home, unwind and have some time to myself. I'm also glad I decided to have tomorrow off, it will be good to not have to rush off to work.

Now I just need to get on with sorting everything out...

just one or two things that i boughtLike all the stuff that I bought... not a bad little haul actually, and some functional stuff in there too...

Current Mood:

1 comment:

Tom said...

Welcome back! Sounds like you had a good time!

ACDF... It's to do with the antiquated computer seat allocation system. That class of plane can have six seats across so it'd be ABC then the aisle then DEF. So it makes sense to keep A and F as window seats, and C and D as aisle seats. Even more confusing when you go on a jumbo with 10 seats across. And then there's the spanish superstition about the number 13 so Iberia doesn't have a row 13 and goes from row 12 to row 14...