very bitsy saturday

melbourne shopping trolley street artWould you believe I found shopping trolley related street art in Melbourne...

And seriously, who goes to all the trouble of creating a shopping trolley stencil?

Anyway, it's been a very, very, very bitsy day... not unproductive I guess, just bitsy.

First off, I had my car booked in for a service, so after struggling to swap over the rego sticker first thing this morning (the old one came off fine, but it left a bunch of sticky gunk on the window), I headed down to see Mr Mechanic Man.

Turns out though that he was running late, so I left my car with the slightly dopey straight boy mechanics and went across the road to meet Ma at the stoopidmarket.

I did remarkably well for a Saturday after we've been away, I actually had a shopping list and everything, even though there wasn't that much on it.

It didn't really take that long either... we pretty much whipped around the supermarket and were on our way back to my place by about 8:30 or so.

After doing the regular unpacking stuff (and letting Ma flick through all of my Melbourne photos) we headed into the city. Miss Oh Livia just had a birthday and was given a laptop, so Ma decided to indoctrinate her into the world of Crumpler with a Reginald Transfer...

Then we went into Myer to look at luggage for us.... my only problem is that I'm somewhat torn between getting the Crumpler Mock Tudor and getting one of those hard shell cases (not necessarily Samsonite, but I do like a lot of their stuff). If I did get the Crumpler suitcase I would be a little sad that it wouldn't be red like my three other existing Crumpler products (Reginald Transfer, Thirsty Al and Barney Rustle Blanket... I love the names they have for their stuff), although the blue and orange version would definitely stand out on a luggage carousel.

I also found this really soft, really wide cotton scarf downstairs in the Dangerfield department, and, well, as I seem to have a scarf addiction this year, it's currently around my neck...

As we were leaving Myer I got a phone call from the mechanic to say my car was ready to be picked up, so once we found a card for Miss Oh we headed off to pick it up.

And still no Mr Mechanic Man... but the slightly dopey mechanic boy who served me was nice enough.

On the way back from the garage I spotted what I thought was another library book sale at the Prospect Town Hall, so after I dropped the car off Ma and I went back to take a look. Turns out the sale isn't until the end of August, but we did wander up and down part of Prospect Road which was interesting...

We also parked the car next to possibly the most interesting and weird piece of public art I've seen in a while...

showerhead gardenThat's right... recycled showerheads collected from Prospect residents, turned into a "garden"... actually overall it was very effective and quite groovy looking... weird as hell though.

After we'd done a wander we headed off to Arndale without any real aim in mind...

While we were waiting to be served in The Reject Shop there was this guy who was all kinda of teasing. He had to have known he was being a tease, I'm sure he knew he was gorgeous, but he was all low slung jeans, half an ass of white underwear on show and a tee shirt that seemed to ride up with a mind of it's own. Very distracting!

As seems to be the case when we go down to Arndale of late, we ended up heading down to West Lakes... again, with no real aim in mind... and West Lakes was probably a less focused trip since I don't think we came away with anything other than some sour dough rolls and some lunch.

It doesn't sound like much really, but it was kind of a long day...

Current Mood:

No comments: