pondering a new tattoo

fish tattoosI've always said that I'm not getting another tattoo until I know exactly what I want, especially since I had to cover my first tattoo with my second tattoo.

But I also know that the next tattoo is going to be fish related. More specifically I want something with Piscean overtones.

And I've always been of the opinion that it's no use having a tattoo that you personally can't see... so I've been gravitating towards having something around my left ankle.

That is, until today.

I saw a photo of a guy with tattoos all over his back which just got my brain ticking over... first to the thought of a line of little goldfish/koi running up my back with some stylised water... then after I googled variations of fish, koi, tattoo and back, I found two images I quite liked... twiddled around in Photoshop with the Fairy Fish design...

Through the wonders of Photoshop I also tried all the designs I liked on a photo of my back... although I just realised that I have my arms up in the photo, so I may need to take a new one where I have my arms down.

Although the longer I stare at the Fairy Fish, the more it's starting to look distinctly phallic... or is that just me?

I'm also wondering how much a tattoo that runs essentially along your spine is going to hurt...

It's not like I'm rushing into anything... it's still just a concept...

Current Mood:

3 comments:

James said...

You have tattoos? Wow, I never thought of you as tattoo kind of guy...whatever that means.

yani said...

Just one now (the second covered the first)... like I said, I've never actually been able to decide on exactly what I want for the next one.

Michael said...

Personally, I like the middle design, but that's just me. I have a large back design already, a large tribal incorporating a meditating Buddha, and it didn't hurt at all - more just a 'tad uncomfortable'. Though I have been told I have a high pain threshold, and friends have found tattoo's over the spine somewhat painful. But no pain without gain, right? And as to the phallic look, thats just you - LOL.