efficient saturday shopping

inappropriate shopping attireToday was a very efficient shopping experience...

Ma had a haircut book, so I was flying solo... but for some reason I was incredibly well organised this morning and ended up leaving the house not that long after 7:30, which meant that I was actually sitting around outside waiting for the supermarket to open at 8am.

So because of that, and because I was shopping on my own, even though it turned into a bumper shop (I think more because I bought a bunch of stuff I normally wouldn't have), I was done and out of there by 8:30...

And Ma didn't turn up until nearly 9:30, so by that time I'd managed to put everything away and read the paper and scream at the TV when the moronic cooking woman put coconut and dried cherries in her Rocky Road recipe... I mean she started well, with Turkish Delight, and she used pistachios... but... *counting backwards from 100... 99, 98, 97...*

Anyway... where was I... oh yeah...

Once Ma rocked up we headed pretty much straight into town. And despite the fact that it wasn't quite 10am, the Mall felt pretty deserted. There were some people around, just not that many.

Our first stop was JB Hifi, since they're having a 20% off sale, and I picked up a couple of DVDs that were already on sale for even less money. I ummed and ahhhed about buying the Lost box... even with 20% off it's still a big fat whack of cash, and I'm not really in any hurry...

I also bought a new Wild CD, the Summer 2011 mix... which may be a little crap since I only recognise about four artists names, but I need some new dance music, I'm a little bored with what I've got.

From there we ended up in Myer and their 90% off Christmas decorations. Most of them I can understand why they're 90% off, but there were a few bargains... unfortunately there also weren't any staff anywhere near the Christmas department to actually serve us... eventually one of the cool chicks from somewhere downstairs wandered past and we hijacked her.

Borders were also selling stuff off at stupid prices, so we ransacked their bargain bins for a while. We ended up with a very large bag of stuff... in addition to the very large bag of stuff from Myer, and in total it came to about $30 which is impressive, at least to me.

Our final stop was David Jones... and just as a general message to the management of David Jones: If you don't want that much shit taking up space in your post Christmas Christmas department, here's a fucking top tip for you... discount it by more than 40% ya tossers!

Obviously we weren't that impressed by DJ's... I do think I need to go down to their Food Hall sometime soon to buy some lunch... they had impressive and tasty looking salads...

Since our car park was due to run out just after 12:30 and we'd pretty much done everything we wanted to do, we called it quits and came back here before heading down the road to Caffe Paesano for lunch and then we toddled back here and Ma headed off...

So all in all, a very efficient day!

Current Mood:

No comments: