photo friday: leafy sea dragon

toy soldier leafy sea dragonIt's been a funny old week...

First it was hot, then it was raining, then it was average... H-San was in a mood today which always makes us quieter and more productive... I spent a buttload of money on Fringe tickets... I wasn't able to walk for most of the week in order to let my toe heal up from blister related issues... and I may have put too many prawns on my pizza tonight, especially since this is the first time I've ever put prawns on a homemade pizza.

Also, why do prawns go pink when you cook them? Usually things go from pink to other colours...

Anyway...

The other thing that happened this week was the Queensland floods... I was thinking about it today waiting for my prosciutto at the deli counter... while it's not unusual for country areas to flood, I certainly don't remember hearing about an urban area (much less the CBD of a capital city) of Australia flooding to this degree in my lifetime.

A couple of people in our extended team decided to start up a collection, so I added both some money from my own pocket, but I also dumped the remainder of the swear jar into it... not sure how much was left, but I figured my swearing should be good for something.

I actually felt more "connected" (that's not the right word, but I can't think of a better one) to this whole disaster because I actually know someone who had to evacuate... fellow blogger Eddy... everything is fine now, he's back in his apartment and they have power again, but I did wonder for a while earlier in the week if everything was okay.

It's also strange that one of the places Ma and I plan to go this year is Brisbane! The whole flooding thing doesn't make me want to go any less, if anything I'm happy to go and spend my tourist dollars "on the ground" as it were once everything has dried out enough (we weren't planning on going until about the middle of the year anyway).

On a much lighter note, I'm currently in the middle of the second season of Misfits... a kind of English version of Heroes... the first season was great, although not extraordinary... but this second season is shaping up to be amazing!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go and enjoy my very prawny pizza...

Current Mood:

No comments: