montage monday: autumn

autumn 2006To celebrate the fact that all the leaves are turning colour and falling off the trees at the moment, today's Monday Montage is all about autumn colour... technically I think there are a couple of doubleups... either I photographed the same tree on different days or else the same types on trees...

I have to say that there is no pleasure greater than walking through piles of fallen leaves, kicking them up as I go... it's childish, yes, but very enjoyable...

And for the record, the universe is officially messing with me... since I'm working this week, I had my morning schedule all planned out... up at 6, walk from 6-7ish, come home, shower, fiddle about with the computer for a bit, then off to catch the bus at around 8:30... Perfect right?

This morning I woke up at 5:15 for some unknown reason, and for similarly inexplicable reasons couldn't go back to sleep properly again... possibly because I could hear it raining slightly, I don't know... but I just kind of lay there, awake enough to know I was awake but asleep enough to have that "heavy limbed/don't want to move" thing going on... I could still hear the rain, but by the time it was nearly 6 it sounded almost like it had slowed to a real trickle, and I was just thinking that it would be fine and I could manage... then it turned 6 and the rain just started to belt down... I mean seriously hard... so I knew there was no was I was walking in that... so I reset my alarm for 7 and went back to bed...

Obviously there was some reason for it, but I'm stuffed if I can work out what... especially since I'm now looking out of my bedroom window and can see sunshine reflected off a big white fluffy cloud out there...

It did kind of solve the "before work? after work?" dilemma I was having about when to post today's Monday Montage though...

I'll probably post some kind of post-work update when I get home though... depends on how my day was I suppose...

In last week's Monday Musings I commented about the return of Australian Big Brother and how "I don't think I'll be going out of my way to watch it this year"... yeah, I lied... well not completely... so far it hasn't really conflicted with anything else I've wanted to watch, so I haven't been put to the test.

It also turns out I was wrong about the whole "no gayboy" thing... a fact I'd heard mumblings about on the grapevine, but it wasn't until Eddy blogged about the coming out story that I really believed... yes, David is the token farmer and the token gay... is it me, or does anyone else smell a Brokeback related linkage... c'mon... a gay sheep farmer... there's no way that's an accident this close to the whole Brokeback Phenomenon...

And it's nice to know that the blogging community is looking out for me when it comes to finding shots of this year's crop of Big Brother boys showering...

Current Mood: a little nervous about today, but mostly okay

No comments: