random pantone hotness

Normally I wouldn't post something for Random Hotness if I'd already posted it to some other social media, but even though I posted a bunch of these images to one of my Tumblrs, I couldn't resist revisiting them because the concept is so damn interesting.

These four faces are from the humanæ project...
The project development is based on a series of portraits whose background is dyed with the exact Pantone tone extracted from a sample of 11x11 pixels of the portrayed´s face. The project’s objective is to record and catalog all possible human skin tones.
What's really amazing is that even within the narrow range of "white", there are such a wide range of colours and matching the shades up to the closest Pantone colour is a great way to emphasise that.

And because the people taking part in humanæ aren't models, and are stripped of any clues about where they're from, who they are, whether they're rich or poor, gay or straight... a banker or a musician, a carpenter or a biker... it's something of a hypnotic experience scrolling through face after face after face.

It also makes me wonder what my Pantone number is...

pantone 58-5 Cpantone 62-6 C

pantone 90-7 Cpantone 98-9 C

Current Mood:

No comments: