what a day...

Man, what a day...

Partly because I haven't worked in ages... and the whole "getting up early" thing was so much less fun than it could have been... what with the cold and the rain. Yeah, less fun.

I did get to indulge in one of my favourite sports of all time though... Boywatching (or Manwatching, if you prefer... Maleofthespecieswatching anyway). I have to say, give me a guy with visible veins on the back of his hands on down his forearms... yum. There was one on the bus on the way into town, and it did help that he was just generally cute, but he had that whole vein action going... nummy!

Like always, I got my Boost (King William Chocolate, yum) and my blueberry muffin, and off to 31 Flinders I went...

I just can't seem to escape the Education Department... I try and I try, okay, so, I don't actually try... but I don't attempt to go back there, it just keeps happening. *sigh*

On the plus side, at least the day went quickly, the morning with one group (even if that was a little like being spoon-fed), and the afternoon with my "good buddies" (insert sarcasm here) in one of the other units on the same floor. The last thing I want is to be going back there over and over again. It drove me insane enough last time.

Of course that general feeling (of not wanting to slide backwards) wasn't helped because I went upstairs to visit my old workmates in IT and stood around talking to them for about an hour, *sigh* miss them... okay, not ALL of them, but in theory, I miss them (three outta five ain't bad). That was a good job... I enjoyed that.

I get to catch up with them on Friday... after-work drinkies... should be amusing if nothing else.

Anyway, after a long day doing the web publishing thing, I come home, have some leftover TNTM (see previous post), and damn but it was spicy... went a little too hard on the curry powder I think.

Then off to Camera Club... supposedly for a winter themed portrait shoot. I've stopped actually putting film in my camera until I see the quality of the models. At least there was supposed to be a guy there this time. On the down side, when he arrived, he was not in the least bit pretty and had a head like some kind of pumpkin. Less good. And yeah, I probably could have shot the female models, but I really and truly have zero interest in doing that.

I briefly hoped that the shorts-wearing, shaven headed guy that rocked up late was going to model for us, and the Workshop Coordinator did ask him on my behalf, but no, he was just going to follow his girlfriend around like some kind of deranged puppy-dog (okay, probably not...). What, he thinks she's going to run off with one of the photographers... has he not seen the (unattractive) fossils in our club?

So after helping set up the backdrop and lights in the main hall, and wandering around waiting for an attractive model with the appropriate genitalia to show up, in the end I gave up and just came home. Early to bed tonight I think...

Current Mood: tired

No comments: