drive-by shooting

Weirdness just abounds all over the place at the moment...

Just went to the petrol station with my Mum to fill up my car ($1.18 a litre, what a rip off), and we were doing that thing we do, where we have an interesting, or odd, or just mundane, coversation not terribly quietly... I get it (the whole being loud thing) from her, what can I say. And she was saying how she doesn't go to pre-pay petrol stations, and I asked why, and she said because, so I said why... that kind of thing. And I finish filling up, and we start to get in the car when I notice that there's a girl, well, a woman in her early 20's really, sitting in a red car at the next pump, and she's pointing a disposible camera at us, and seems to be taking our picture.

What the?

I kept looking at her after she'd taken it, and she smiled and waved at me, and since I'm so stunned, I smile and wave back at her.

What was all that about? Does she do that kind of drive-by photography all the time? Will we be added to a wall of photos of strangers? Did she just need to use up the end of the roll? Enquiring minds want to know...

Current Mood: confused

No comments: