photo saturday: bafflestone redux

bo bafflestone - drake-friend, ranger, guide

Yeah, I know, this is possibly the character who has appeared the most and had the most potential versions and redesigns. I think we're at 6 appearances and about four redesigns, including one that I don't think made it to the blog. But we're calling this one the final version. Or at least final_final_final_v6_final.jpg.

And yes, he's still missing his left leg from the knee and he's missing two fingers on his left hand, but he has more refined prosthetics for both now, and I figured that those elements were more interesting as a reveal while playing the character (which I still really want to do, both from a character and a class/subclass perspective). And he still has additional tattoos under the shirt.

But I like this version. I've been playing a lot with the colour/texture of the leather, and I'm very much getting it to a place that I like. Plus, they added a new crossbow that didn't look quite as huge or lumpy as the old ones.

One day he'll see table time. One day.

Anyway...

I made chowder this week. Quite a bit of it. It wasn't bad.

Also, I was supposed to have a rental inspection this week, but my land agent sent me an email saying she was sick and saying that we're going to skip rescheduling and just do the next one in November. Yep, not going to argue with you there.

However, I had already mentally partitioned by brain to do my usual inspection clean. So I did it anyway. Because, you know, it needed doing, and now it's done.

Granted, I did it over two days.

No Thursday DnD this week... because, we're still cursed. In theory, back to our regularly scheduled programming next week. To at the very least start the final adventure from the book.

Friday was also Chiro Day... which was good, given that it was rescheduled from last week, and I'd done a big old clean. Again, needed to be done.

Friday's DnD... was... wow.

First, the players had been having a group chat and discussing plans behind my back. COLLUSION! By which I mean, yeah, that's totally fine, and we've done it in every campaign thus far "behind the DM's back".

I think this week's episode is best titled as "Best Laid Plans"... because those plans definitely crumbled into a heap after about twelve seconds.

All they had to do was find a boat and go visit the villain for this area. But, what, like I'm gunna make that easy for them. So I threw distractions at them. Which resulted in an extended conversation with a fire spirit who didn't speak a language that the party understood. Cue me jabbering in nonsense for an extended period of time.

But, they ended up brute forcing the puzzle, so they got a potion. And then Mr's character just straight up drank the potion. Because, sure. And turned into a giant dragonfly.

Yep, we're officially off the rails boys and girls.

So instead of having to access the villain's lair by using, you know, the stairs... they flew up to the top and basically shortcutted their way past half the lair. But I can't be mad at it. I gave them the tools, they just used them against me.

Does that mean I'm not going to punish them with those same tools later? Of course not. I also called the session to a halt right at a cliffhanger moment. Because, honestly, I need the extra week to work out what's going to happen next.

It was good though.

And proves the old adage that no DnD plan survives first contact with the PCs.

Anyway...

Today was short and simple.

Supermarket... same old same old... unpacking.... then we went to the movies. More on that later.

But yeah, that's the week that was.

Current mood:

No comments: