movies: the hunger games: mockingjay part two

the hunger games - mockingjay part two - the revolution is about all of us
I think that a lot of what I'm going to say about The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 is going to be very similar to what I had to say about Part 1.

While I still don't know that they really had to split the book into two parts, it did leave the majority of this movie involved with action.

At this point I don't remember all the details of the book, but this certainly feels close to the original material.

After not really featuring all that much in the first half, Josh Hutcherson comes back strong in the final instalment. Jennifer Lawrence is always strong, although this movie is more about the action than the introspection.

And once again the costumes are definitely a stand-out... from Katniss's range of black on black on black battlewear through to the small number of perfect outfits worn by Elizabeth Banks as Effie (particularly the origami inspired angular kimono towards the end of the movie)... Kurt and Bart (yes, still no surnames) have done excellent work once again.

There's also a lot of fantastic CGI... so much so that I couldn't actually pick out the moments that were CGI, I mean sure, there's some effects that couldn't happen any other way... but it's all exceptionally high quality and you can't see where the real visuals end and the effects begin.

And if some of the locations were actual places I'd love to know where exactly, there were some amazing looking places.

Other than that I don't have a lot to say... it's a good way to finish out the franchise.

yani's rating: 3 pods out of 5

No comments: