photo saturday: speedy floof boi

rain in the night - speedster, impulsive, himbo

So, today's DnD Character Colouring Book got a partial reveal at the start of the month, but I love the full version too much not to share that too.

This is Rain in the Night, my lack of impulse control Tabaxi monk, who does, in fact, gotta go fast.

As I think I said in the post about the new header, I can't take credit for the base head model. That came from someone on Reddit. I did redo the entire colour scheme though. And then there are also a bunch of newer, better items like the bracers and the ball (which is very much like the one I had envisaged him having based on his trinket) and the staff. Although, I just realised... I think he's supposed to also have a Ring of Protection, but being someone who fights with his fists, I tend to default to him wearing it on a chain around his neck.

I also really love the very real feeling pose I managed to make. Especially the staff.

The problem with these images is that far too often it just makes me want to a) play this specific character again (or for the first time), b) play a character of that race or c) play a character of that class. Right now that's manifesting as a Tabaxi thing. And more specifically right this second as a snow leopard Tabaxi.

But also a little bit that I want to bring my big himbo cat boi back into the world. I'll get over it.

Anyway...

So, just because it's an occasion... rather than it being something that was perfect in any way... completely accidentally, I broke my... "gentleman drought" from later 2019. 

And, yes, "accidentally" sounds like I tripped and fell and went "whoops, a penis", but it was more "idly scrolling the Gentlemen's Apps before bed and about to put the phone down and go to sleep" when somebody messaged me. With no photo. Which also normally would have made me roll over and go to sleep, but he sent photos when asked (+10 bonus points), he was cute (+10 bonus points) and he lives in my suburb about three streets away (+50 bonus points) and he didn't mess around (+100 bonus points).

Which is how I found myself waiting for a gentleman caller at 11:30 pm on a Saturday night for the first time in this house, certainly, and the first time in like five years (because I don't honestly even remember the actual last time at the old house... was it late 2019, was it early 2020, who knows).

And he left around 1 am. Also, didn't immediately block me on the Gentlemen's App by the time he got to to the footpath (+50 bonus points).

Is he possibly a down-low gay/bisexual, in some other kind of relationship, or just a plain old "mostly straight" MWHSWM? Fuck knows. And, honestly, mostly, I don't give a fuck (although, technically, -5 bonus points). I'm also not sure how much I care whether or not he hits me up again (which I guess is a -5 bonus points from my score). It was pleasant, it was unexpected, it happened.

Moving onwards to other things.

I made Chicken Cacciatore, mostly by having looked at a recipe and then... put things in a pot. But not on Sunday night. I wasn't sure I was going to have enough for a whole week's worth, so I made it on Monday night. Turns out I would have had more than enough.

It was good though.

Wednesday, the whole Optus network shat it's pants... but, thankfully that only affected my phone and not my internet. And I didn't even need to call anybody, but there's nothing like knowing that you CAN'T do a thing in order to make you want to DO that thing.

I also heard back from my doctor, which resulted in a phone call on Friday... basically everything is fine, the problem is basically the thing that I thought it was, the other problem I was having cleared up on it's own like it was supposed to, and, honestly, the main problem isn't enough of a problem for me to go any further with it right now.

Also... Fluffy is back from his Big Adventure. And I missed his stupid face. And told him same.

So, Thursday Night DnD was a happening thing. Well, we were down one person, and will be off for the next two weeks because we'll be down two people, but at least we came back together.

It was also one of those games that centres of Other People's Shit, but in a way that includes everyone else. And I got to have one of those..."I mean, if DM Fluffy doesn't go to HERE, then I'll be very disappointed"... [hard cut]... "he fucking went there... the bastard" moments. I loved it.

There was also a minor hiccup on Thursday night because I went to put the aircon on, and the panel opened, went through it's full range of movement and then closed again. And did that several times when I tried to turn it on. I didn't have time to fully solve it, so gave up, when to DnD and came home to look at it.

I was going to just send a maintenance request, but decided to look up the instruction book online. And, wouldn't you know, the instruction for fixing my particular issue was, firstly, clean the air filters (not really dirty, try again) and then, essentially, "flip the switch in the fuse box", which I did. And it started working.

Just in time for the temperature to jump up to 40C on Friday.

Thank goodness.

Friday Night DnD was also our return, obviously. It was one of those "nothing much happens" games, which is also fine, because we were getting our heads back into the game.

Anyway...

Today was basically just the supermarket and me resisting the urge to brain the entirely too disinterested to do a decent job, but also far to interested in reading the labels on the products we bought, idiot checkout operator with a can of beans.

But I made it out of there without doing that... and we didn't really bother doing anything else.

No comments: