photo saturday: my gnome boy

kipper aka bo - son, ranger, drakewarden

Say hello to the character who has had possibly the most iterations created and yet zero hours played (by me anyway.... he's been an NPC though), Quillamina's son Bo (aka Kipper). I've also done the three stages thing before. And then the earlier iteration of his potential final form.

But I'd messed around giving his final form a new face, and then walked it back for the child version after being inspired by last week, when I said "the 3 NPCs who were all children of characters I've played (Pery, Quill and Nightingale)". That was going to be the original DnD Character Colouring Book this week... we might revisit that at a later stage.

But that, obviously, led to me realising that I didn't have the "My Dad died and my Mum is an ice-cube" emo phase. Technically, I don't think that stage completely last until he was 20... I can't remember how long Quill was frozen. But, he had a bit of a time, between losing a leg from the knee down, losing two fingers from his left hand, losing his dad, being brought back from the dead and then having his mum frozen by the Goddess of Winter... I think he's entitled to a few years being a little bit dark and not making eye contact with people.

And yes, he's still missing the leg in the final image, he just got a better prosthetic by then and can wear a boot as normal. I would have used the blade style prosthetic, just because that makes sense for someone who is trying to move at speed (potentially), but Hero Forge refuses to have the pants stop at the top of those so that it doesn't look completely ridiculous. I think I complained about this previously. But it's still true.

Anyway...

I tried a new recipe for this weeks dinners... and, as always, I kinda sorta followed the recipe, and it was... serviceable. I am intending to have another crack at it this week and see whether I can get a better version of this zucchini slice.

No Thursday Night DnD this week... which we knew about. Of course, the December curse reared it's ugly little head, and we can't play at our usual venue next week, plus nobody has said "oh, this" yet... so next week might also be off. If we actually get a game in this December, I will be slightly surprised.

Friday Night DnD was good... another one of those lore dump episodes... but, also, it's good when you're the only character who isn't full of secrets, and everyone else gets their dirty laundry aired. It's also fun playing a high Intelligence, low/average Wisdom character who doesn't really remember to filter what they're saying or asking and sometimes just accidentally hit on the crux of something just because they're running through all of the possible options in their head and, mostly, saying them all out loud.

Anyway.

Fuck motor racing. And double fuck the need for the RAAF F-35A Lightning II fighter jet to basically try and break the sound barrier while flying past my apartment. And triple fuck the need for doing it again tomorrow.

Otherwise, today was fairly standard.

Supermarket. Back here for fucking about. Then running an errand where about half the things were currently unavailable. Fun times.

No comments: