photo saturday: mysterious lady

the dusk owl - antagonist, widowed, mob-boss

This week's DnD Character Colouring Book is what happens when I make a headcanon of an NPC that we haven't met in DM Fluffy's game that is, basically, a Multiverse version of one of the existing PCs in the game.

And that also happened to coincide with Hero Forge dropping a new outfit that is pretty appropriate for the city the NPC is located in.

So we end up with The Dusk Owl.

And knowing now who she is very much takes my character from a "this person/organisation must die/be destroyed" to "well... let's not be hasty" in about eleventy seconds. 

Should she probably be wearing red because of story reasons... yes. Do I care? Not in the least. Also, what's the point of being the boss of an organisation if you can't ignore the uniform.

I think I've said it before, but whoever is currently doing the 3d modelling for the new outfits in Hero Forge is absolutely killing it, and this is no exception. Bits of this, particularly the boots and gloves, will definitely show up on other characters going forward.

I'm still slightly salty about the new posing on the familiars. I like that there are more than one pose for most of them, but at the same time, the poses make literally NO sense. They're basically all turned away from the camera or looking in some weird direction. Urgh.

Anyway.

This week was Tuna Mornay. Pretty good, the spice mix as a little off, but that always settles after a couple of days anyway.

There was no Thursday Night DnD this week because we were down two folks. Likewise next week.

Friday was... a lot.

So, today is the Norwood Christmas Pageant, the bane of my existence for the last... decade give or take. But it requires some juggling around of other things.

Which meant that Friday I went for my walk super early (which was nice), came back, got ready, went out to do my supermarket shopping, came back, unpacked, had breakfast, then went into town for my Chiro appointment.

After Chiro, I had to go back to the Doctor to follow up on the previous appointment and tests and whatever. So, that's gunna be a process for a minute. Urgh. But I'm putting wheels in motion, which is positive.

Then I came home, and went to the library for the second time this week.

And then we had Friday Night DnD.

Where we kicked a Fire Giant's ass... theorised about things... and basically fast travelled to the bring of the next location.

In other Friday night news, we've been talking about What Happens Next. As in, what the next campaign is. And Mr wants to run his first campaign for us. Not his first campaign ever, but he hasn't run one for us yet, so that's exciting.

But Fluffy and I had talked about that campaign at one point, so I already have a character idea reserved for that one.

After that, not only will we probably be in the 2024 5e DnD of it all, with whole new rules and subclasses and whatnot, but Fluffy wants to run an adventure where you essentially make three characters who are the Multiverse versions of each other.

And, as much as I love that idea... I have incredible, severe decision paralysis for that one. Or, rather, I have so many possible paths to go down, I cannot make any one decision.

Because this would be a great reason to use some of the characters I've already made that will never otherwise see the light of day. But I could also create three completely new characters. So, do I go down the 3 races I wouldn't otherwise get to play route (Plasmoid, Dhampir, Fairy) or the 3 subclasses I really want to play but haven't (Wild Magic Barbarian, Soulknife Rogue, Swarmkeeper Ranger)? Do I go with 3 characters who were my backups for other games? The 3 NPCs who were all children of characters I've played (Pery, Quill and Nightingale)? Do I lean into a subclass theme... Grave Cleric, Undead Warlock, Phantom Rogue? Do I pick a support class, a melee class and a magic class? Do I lean into the Planar nature of it all and create/repurpose characters who have a strong planar vibe?

Arrrggghhh.

Too many fucking decisions. 

And also, knowing that I won't need to make any of these decisions concrete for at least... a year and a half... makes it 1000 times worse. I know there will be like half a bazillion possible character trios between now and then. Then, even if I DO make a decision before the 2024 books officially drop, all bets are potentially off because, who knows what new subclasses I'll want to dive into. Also, mix and matching between the 2014 and 2024 rules is... a thing that's potentially going to happen.

Anyway.

So, given that shopping happened yesterday and the parade was taking up space this morning, today was officially cancelled. In so much as Ma didn't come down and we just skipped this week entirely.

Which meant I got to do my own thing this morning. A rarity for a Saturday. Hence why this post is up just after noon.

No comments: