photo saturday: natural metal

mr kookaburrametal flame

silver sailtiny ferry
When placed on a scale between "1" and "Fuck This Week", I find that the last seven days (although probably more accurately the last four days) gravitate towards the latter end of that particular spectrum.

But we're going to skim over a bunch of it because a) it's a long boring story with no point and b) I don't necessarily want to remember it all in a few years time when it's all very much water under the bridge and no longer as important as it feels right now.

Rolling back though...

Sunday I made decent enough, although not spectacular, chicken noodle soup. Possibly it would have been better if I hadn't put chorizo in it. I did remember to shred the chicken this time, which was definitely an improvement.

This week was also light on DnD games.

Monday was fine, the end of a trilogy of adventures that was possibly a little too complex for it's own good, but still good to round out the story.

Wednesday's day game we finally got back to the hardcover we last played about a month ago, which was fine... we had a new player join us, and he was actually really good, so hopefully he joins us again. It was after the game that the wheels fell off things a little. Well, both actually, but more on that in a minute. Wednesday's game didn't happen because fuck my friends. Which didn't really bother me one way or the other, it just gave me more "dwelling time" than I might otherwise have had.

Thursday's didn't happen for a myriad of reasons. First, our regular Thursday group DM, after having had a couple of weeks off realised that she has too much on her plate currently and can't commit to a weekly game (understandable and accurate, but still annoying). One of the other players/DMs was going to run, but life got in the way there too, so that fell apart. I stayed home.

Other than DnD, not a lot happened (well, not a lot of anything happened this week really). I did attempt to complete an application form for a thing I need to do, but because bureaucracy breeds more bureaucracy I couldn't without also having to request a new copy of my birth certificate so that I can authenticate my birth certificate online. Urgh. I will see if there's a way around it, but if not then form A is going to have to wait until I complete form B and have that processed by a completely different government agency. Double urgh.

Today was... good? I dunno... there's probably an alternative universe somewhere where today didn't happen at all and another where it went significantly differently. I know, that's hopelessly vague. I guess I've just spent some time over the last couple of days thinking about the butterfly effect basically. Thing A happens at a certain point, leading to Thing B happening at a later point. If you change Thing A, does Thing B still happen or does Thing C happen which is worse (or better I guess). Sorry... that was just a stream of consciousness.

Anyway. Short version, we went shopping. I'm planning on making beef stew this week. Ma bought a new (second hand) car.

Fortunately she'd looked for cars online already, had a place and a car in mind, when we got there there were actually two possible options in the make and model (and colour to be honest) she was interested in. And the salesman was a dork, but a lovely dork.

It doesn't feel exciting though. I mean I'm anxious to get my own car back, but Ma said herself that she's not excited by the process or result of getting another car. And I totally get that. It's the difference between moving into this apartment versus moving into the last North Adelaide apartment. The former was moving AWAY from something I loved to something that was necessary and acceptable. The latter was moving TOWARDS something that was very much a positive at the time. Car situation is exactly the same, doubly so because it's also the difference between a brand new car and a second hand car.

Plus, even with a specific budget, that shit gets expensive fast.

So, yeah, there's a bunch of stuff going on, which on the surface could be positive, but just doesn't feel even remotely like it. Most of it is just annoying or draining or exhausting.

Yeah. That.

Current Mood:

No comments: