photo saturday: art in odd places

rainbow eyebirdcentre pixelface

parking pixelfacestencilpalooza
Have I mentioned that sometimes I get obsessed with certain projects and just disappear into them. Yeah, that kinda happened at the end of this week.

But, starting at the beginning, I made chilli instead of bolognese sauce... I got fixated on chilli, and found a recipe that I half-ish followed. And it turned out pretty damn good.

Not having the car really didn't effect the week all that much. In fact it was kind of nice to just be able to sit there and not have to drive myself home.

This week's DnD was... slightly repetitive I guess. Like last week I ran the same games on Monday and Wednesday (for the day game), and in both cases (and as it always the case I think), the second iteration was better, because I had a better idea of how things were going to go.

After the Wednesday day game (due to a lack of the evening game), I hung out with a couple of the other players afterwards (well, it was supposed to be just one of them, but someone else invited themselves along, which was fine) and we just sat around in one of the food courts and talking shit for a couple of hours. It was nice.

Thursday we still aren't back to our usual game, but I did head in anyway and played a character I haven't had at a table since December 2017. I'd semi retired her to be honest, but it felt appropriate to bring her out for this one.

And I had a couple of interesting moments with the DM, one that I knew was going to bite me in the butt, but went for it anyway, because it was too good not to. The other was something he threw in just for me (for one of my other characters to be honest), but led to me crafting a whole family tree for that particular character (well, about 5 generations back for the paternal line anyway).

Yeah, I know. This is possibly the only character I'd do this for though. And it gave me a better understanding of his history, which is kinda weird, because some of it just came together like it was an actual history of a person rather than all being stuff I totally made up. DnD is weird.

That was about it for the week though.

Oh, one vaguely interesting factoid. Remember how I assumed that I'd voted incorrectly due to basically existing in a fever dream for about a week back in May. Yep, I got a letter this week that said as much. I voted in the wrong local area, so they couldn't count that vote. Which would be a tragedy if I actually cared at all.

Today wasn't much of anything again. Unsurprisingly.

And I didn't bother driving my car when Ma brought it down. I could have, it just seemed like a lot of palaver readjusting the seats for me, then readjusting them again when Ma went home. Because it might be a couple of weeks before things get sorted there.

But we did the supermarket thing. My plan this week is to make chicken soup, but properly this time, since last time was a little lackluster. Then next week maybe some kind of beef stew, we'll see.

Afterwards we hung out here for probably too long, watched some more of the Studio Ghibli Weekends on the World Movie channel and then headed out for Officeworks and Spotlight.

Fun fact, Officeworks only sells one printer that prints purely in black and white. Which I kind of get, but it also seems weird to me. But at least I know that now, if I want to go down that particular avenue.

The Spotlight wander ended up mostly being knitting wool for Ma (although I might get a scarf out of it eventually, which isn't the worst thing in the world). We also wandered around everywhere just looking at stuff. Which I always enjoy.

And that was that.

Current Mood:

No comments: