photo saturday: between the lines

between the devil and the deep blue sea
I can't help feeling like this was a weird week, despite not being about to put my finger on any actual reason why it might have been considered weird. Something in the air, or the water maybe. I dunno.

I've now learned that chicken noodle soup is much better when it's simpler. And also when you use the thin noodles and shred your chicken in the same manner.

This week I ran three out of four DnD games... which was okay, if a little tiring. Monday's game was okay, but unfortunately for my Monday group, they're the ones that I end up testing new modules on.

Wednesday's day game gets the good end of that lollipop, since I then run the same game for them, but I generally have a better idea of the shape of it, and where to fix the mistakes that happened on Monday. I mean, that's only been for the last two weeks, and we'll see what happens in the next couple of weeks... we really need to get back to playing the hardcover we started with another DM a few weeks back, but he's been MIA.

Wednesday night's game was chaotic. I mean we made (and by we, I mostly mean me) some stupid decisions and I nearly got eaten by a giant purple worm. To try and save the NPC who I know is in love with one of the other player's characters. Because my character has gotten a bee in his bonnet about ensuring that his friends take advantage of love when it's offered to them. Yeah, I don't know either... blame my DM for stealing my own NPC girlfriend. But it makes for an interesting character flaw. I may need to rewrite his traits, bonds, flaws and ideals... they've definitely changed during the course of the game.

Thursday I ran an old "favourite" adventure. I put it in inverted commas because it was the second adventure I ever played and that DM leaned into my reactions to the NPCs and made them even worse. So every time I've run that for other people I layered in more and more elements to make them horrendous people, including accents. And the group of Thursday loved to hate them, so I did my job correctly. Sadly, because I let them roleplay and explore more than I possibly should have, plus they were a little bit all over the place, we never actually got to the final part of the module and had to skip past the really fun stuff at the end. Oh well.

view from the bridge
I will say that I'm getting to the point where I'd love to run a four hour adventure over 6 hours... or for as long as it takes to actually finish it. Probably I'm in the minority for that, because, you know, people have lives, but it'd be nice.

Otherwise the week didn't seem like a lot happened.

Friday was Chiro Day... so that was good. Not that there's really anything to report as far as that's concerned. I went into the city, saw the chiro, came home again.

stormy figures
Today was both constructive and repetitive.

We did the supermarket thing... I didn't really buy a lot of stuff, but I intend on making potato and leek soup this week, which should be good. Then we got a little sucked into my least favourite Studio Ghibli movie on TV (thank you SBS World Movies for the Ghibli Weekend).

After that we went into the city, Ma was looking for a replacement battery for her cordless phone and I decided that I really want to get a cheap but decent printer that will only print black and white. Mostly because I'm sick and tired of using up my colour cartridges while only printing monochrome things. Seriously, WTF?

I definitely need to go into one of the larger Officeworks stores though and explain exactly what it is that I want, see what they say. In theory I might be able to get something for about $50, which would be nice.

We did do a lot of looping and backtracking because I kept forgetting there were things that we wanted to go and look at in areas we'd already left. It was fine though, we got a nice walk, we poked around and found a bunch of stuff, even if neither of us actually got the thing we'd come into the city to look at.

And that was it really.

Current Mood:

No comments: