photo saturday: peli can

sleepy peeksharp feathers

hiding faceround joints
Back in the days when I went to Camera Club instead of DnD (clearly my next hobby needs to start with an E), my friend Stu and I had a theory... every major competition had to have at least one photo of a pelican. In one particular competition it was my photo of a pelican.

This is really just because I saw a display of Camera Club photos in the Myer Centre today. And, in fact, there was a photo of a pelican. Because it's just the rules.

The meatball soup worked out... okay, I mean it had meatballs (even if it was only three per serving), but I think I chopped all the vegetables up way too small, it just ends up taking way too long to eat (because that's not a first world problem).

DnD this week was... maybe it was weird. I think it was weird. It feels like it was weird. And yet when I describe it, it's not going to sound that weird.

Monday I had two new people on my table... both new to my table and new to DnD in general. But they were nice people, so I wouldn't be mad if they returned. And the module was fun and a little silly, and I ended up doing (bad) American accents for all of the NPCs, which was fun.

Wednesday we didn't play in the comic shop, because they're redoing that section of the store, so we ended up in the game store. And it ended up being only the one table, in a mostly empty game store. So it was pleasant.

Then we finally got our shit together and played on Wednesday night. I mean our DM is still away (probably, fucked if I know), and I offered to run a reasonable module, so it wasn't a bad evening.

Thursday was... okay Thursday was the weird game. It's always a weird game when at a certain point we decide that the module is stupid and broken, so we end up with some very intense roleplay. So intense that there were (in character) tears. And by in character I mean, I as a player cried, but the emotion was coming from my character.

But it was so stupid, because it happened because one of the other characters told me something that I as a player already knew, but my character didn't... and possibly because the other player said it in their character's voice, but it just hit me in the feels. Have I mentioned lately that this is a fucking weird game/hobby?

And said game kind of put me in a funk for most of Friday.

Friday was also Chiro Day, so I did that in the afternoon. Otherwise, a quiet week overall.

Today was both Ma's birthday weekend and also her Haircut Day... so I did my own thing for shopping, including coming back and tidying up the apartment.

As she's been slowly going through seemingly everything she owns after the move, she brought down some very, very, very old photos of me, almost all of which could most charitably referred to as fashion disasters. I mean what the fuck was the late 70's and early 80's obsessions with extremely short shorts?

So we wasted quite a bit of time on that to be honest. Plus she didn't get down to my place until just after 10am.

She wanted to spend some of her "birthday money" (actually I don't know why I put that in quotes, it was actual money La Cousina gave her for her birthday)... and go and buy a new frypan and a set of digital scales to replace the big ugly cumbersome scales I gave her because I never used them. Granted she doesn't use the scales either... which confuses me a little... but she thinks that if they're not as much of a pain, she might actually use them. We'll see.

I also wanted to look around and see if I could make myself a dice tray after seeing a video on YouTube... and one $5 box frame and a $1 piece of purple felt later (plus some glue and little felt stick on circles I already had), I have a very pretty if impractical for travel dice tray.

Then we stopped off and had a pleasant if unremarkable lunch, stopped off at the Haighs Factory and called it a day.

And for the record, my present to Ma this year is another DnD game with my friends, but not for a couple of weeks.

Current Mood:

No comments: