photo saturday: wintery weather

sam sawnoffwet balcony

wet george streetwinter tree
We return to our regularly scheduled broadcast after a brief stint of no transmission.

I was sick. And I both couldn't and didn't want to people. So I didn't.

So winding back to just the highlights I guess. The week before last wasn't much of anything... and then on Wednesday everything took a nosedive. I went to DnD as usual, thankfully under the circumstances there was no Wednesday night game. And a couple of people were getting over being sick. But I felt fine.

Then I came home and by about 8pm I felt like garbage... and went to bed at 8:30pm, always a sure sign I'm sick. Woke up around 2am totally feverish and couldn't get back to sleep for over an hour. Thursday morning I went out to the chemist first thing and bought some medicine, but mostly I just felt crappy. And possibly stupidly I went out and ran a game of DnD that night.

Let us just say that it was a little bit of a fever dream, but mostly okay.

Last weekend was the election, and I was even less interested in the whole procedure than usual. Plus I very nearly got into an argument with an old lady giving out how to vote cards because she was being passive aggressive. Seriously, if I tell you I'm "good", you don't get to make a snide comment, or in fact any comment. I'm politely telling you I don't want to interact with you. But if you come for me, I will read you to filth bitch.

Also, I may have voted completely incorrectly due to the aforementioned fever dream and lack of interest.

M'eh.

We stocked me up with cough medicine and nasal spray and vitamin C tablets and hand sanitiser and Nippy's Tangy Lemon and I sent Ma home.

I made very bad soup on Sunday. I shouldn't have bothered, but I did anyway, and while it wasn't the worst soup ever, I just wasn't feeling it and didn't end up eating much of it. I also sent a message to one of my Monday DnD group telling him he'd been selected to run that week's adventure (technically I asked him, but I knew he'd step up). Wednesday I also didn't go.

So that would be almost two years since I didn't show up on a Monday. At least not when there were actual games on. I mean there was one night I just wasn't feeling it and went home instead of playing, but I at least set foot in the place. Same with Wednesday. With the exception of Christmas and one week when I went to pick Ma up from the airport, I've been there every week. Which meant that this week was the exact opposite of "a lot". It was in fact "a nothing".

And I was bored.

Part of the problem was when I was sick enough to be bored but not well enough to leave the house. Plus it was better to not go and keep my germs to myself.

And by Thursday I was feeling mostly human again. Which was good, because not only was Thursday Haircut Day, I also had a DnD game I didn't want to miss.

Haircut Day was basically the same old same old. It was nice to leave the house honestly. And get freshened up after essentially a week of hibernation.

The DnD game was also good... perhaps not one of the best games for that group, but we've been a little fractured the last few weeks, with other people running and the core group of characters spread to the four winds. We're also having an "extra" game this Sunday... which is random, but should be good.

Which brought us around to today.

I'm leaning towards making chicken soup again (I made it the week before last, before I got sick... and it was really good, so maybe I'll dip back there again which I'm actually still a little sick). I mean I bought the makings for chicken soup, so we'll see I guess.

The rest of today wasn't much of anything really. We took a little trip out to Officeworks and Spotlight... and the thing I spent 20 minutes looking for in Spotlight only to discover they only had one style and it was $15, I got online in 5 minutes when I got home... and it cost $1. I mean they might be shit, but there's a lot of them and they cost $1 so who cares.

We detoured back past Haighs... which wasn't really "past" but was very much a detour. And yay, they finally had broken Easter eggs. I mean they might have had them last week too, but we didn't go last week.

And that was it really. I mean the weather hasn't exactly cooperating, and we did the little bit of stuff we needed to do, so, yeah.

Current Mood:

No comments: