photo saturday: street animals

horusnautmakatron hippo

makatron beastphibs knight
So, in the end it took a whole week to get the leak in my shower fixed. Yup, a whole week of dripping, two different plumber visits... but it did result in a set of brand new taps and a brand new shower head. And not even cheap crappy taps, fairly nice lever turn style ones. I mean at some point my fat ass is going to knock into one of those taps and either turn the cold water up full or turn the hot water off... but they're still fairly pretty.

This week's soup was an unmitigated disaster. It shouldn't have been, but it just was, and I tried to fix it by pureeing it after I'd had a bowl, and it didn't help. Okay, disaster may have been a little strong, I just wasn't feeling it and lost interest in it fairly quickly.

DnD this week was... interesting.

In running or playing tabletop role playing games there are two types of personalities at the table... the first is the players, the second is the characters. There are people who I quite like who play characters I really dislike... there are also people I generally don't much care for who play characters I'm okay with. There are also those where I like both the people and the character. And instances where I like the person, but sometimes really dislike their table behaviour.

This week was very much about characters I don't much care for played by people I quite like. And also the table behaviour thing.

I dunno... it's possibly I'm just feeling a little cranky what with everything that isn't going on in my life right now added to the fact that a bunch of stupid changes are about to happen the Adventurer's League... and beyond the fact that I hate change, a number of these changes make no sense to me. Like literally I have no fucking idea what they think the benefit to some of the changes will be, none, zero, zilch, zip.

But, that's neither here nor there, they're happening.

Anyway... I may have had a little dummy spit at the Thursday group... and while I know what the inciting incident was, I'm not sure that that was actually the problem (I mean, I know part of what the problem is, it's just how to convey that to other people without coming off like a complete asshole), and I'll need to try and devote some time to that without also climbing up into my own head and taking up residence there, which is not an easy thing to avoid.

Moving on...

This week was also Chiro Week, but I'd been in my head the whole day, so it was basically a trip into town, a brief appointment, and back home again.

Today was... also brief, mostly.

Ma was getting her hair did, so I did my own supermarket adventure. Which mostly consisted of buying an awful lot of stuff since I bought hardly anything last week and spent much of this week being somewhat annoyed by that fact.

Then it was back here to unpack, watch a bunch of stuff on YouTube and generally hang out until Ma arrived.

From there we headed into the city for a general wander, mostly to look into replacing some jewellery that Ma lost last week (lost as in it seems to have fallen out of her bag outside of somewhere and not been handed in... so basically stolen), with minimal success. To be honest, it was between 5 and 10 years ago that she got the jewellery in question, so it's not overly surprising.

We finished up with lunch at Burger Theory, sampling their new extended menu and then a quick visit to Haighs.

And that was my week.

Current Mood:

No comments: