photo saturday: odd places

tiny protesterswindow art

yarnbombinglimiting
My week begins and ends with plumbing related issues.

Inbetween was some DnD.

Starting with the beginning of the week, I was surprised and pleased when the plumber not only showed up before the allotted time, he was actually finished before it as well. And I have a brand new combination water inlet/plumbob/thingy that looks like it's right out of the Jetsons, or alternatively could double as a bluetooth speaker system.

I made some pretty great soup on Sunday that was kind of half way between potato and leek soup and chowder... not bad at all I have to say.

DnD was... well, it wasn't bad.

Monday's game I ran a game I've run possibly more than any other, and allowed the party to just get weird at the end, so they actually missed out on all the sneaking around that usually happens in that adventure and instead did a massive combat encounter.

I also managed to do some serious roleplay with one of my regular players, given that I just threw out a random hook that he leaned into, and then picked up on something that I did with one of the other players and had himself a little moment there too. I do like those moments, when you know exactly what it is that they're attempting to do so you just let them run with it as much as humanly possible. And sometimes you just plus it a little and it all gets kind of silly or interesting or both.

Wednesday's game had some of that from the other side. It also means I'll be playing my replacement character for a hot minute, since my DM had the bad guy steal the body of my previous character. It's all very complicated and somewhat Shakespearean to be honest.

Thursday none of what I consider to be the Regular Thursday Boys showed up, so instead the rest of us had quite the adventure, but it was also a little calmer than it can otherwise be, which was nice.

And since it was at someone's house, her husband made us all bacon sandwiches and tea, so what's not to love about that.

Otherwise not much to report.

Oh, this end of the week and the other leak... After my shower on Friday I discovered that the shower head was leaking. And not just a little bit.

After trying to figure out if it was going to stop on it's own or not, I realised it wasn't... so there may be a plumber visit on Monday (or if I'm really unlucky the fucking useless handyman, but if he fucks me around or does a half assed job I'll be onto the land agent real damn quick).

And it's only gotten worse today.

Today wasn't really much of anything. We did the shopping, I picked up enough stuff to make some kind of vegetable based soup, I really have no idea what it's going to be, and we came back here.

Then we headed off to Marion for a general wander around, because there still isn't sweet fuck all on at the movies worth seeing.

And that was really about it.

Current Mood:

No comments: