2018

happy new year 2018
Hello 2018... how you doing?

Normally I theme the New Years image with whatever the "international year" of the year is (well, 2016 was a little hard)... but "contrary to common practice, the United Nations has not declared 2018 as International Year for any specific topic".

So instead, have this image of Cameron Boyce, beautiful freckled human.

My New Years was average as these things go... and I'll be honest, both yesterday and today just feel like any other day, which has happened a lot across the festive period this year.

I tidied the house a little in the morning, left my Iced Coffee in the freezer a little bit too long (the slush to liquid ratio was sub-optimal), did a little blogging, grabbed some lunch and then settled in to play a couple of hours of Assassin's Creed Origins.

I will just say that even more than some of the other AC games, it's very easy to get totally lost in that world...

But I resurfaced around 7pm, made some dinner (if by dinner you mean cooked a plate of dumplings, then, yes, dinner) and settled in for my usual NYE moviefest.

This year my choices were Cars 3 and Logan... definitely an odd pairing, but I was impressed with Logan. I finished up just before midnight, waited for the clock to tick over, listened to the fireworks for about five seconds, saw the top inch and a half through the trees and then headed to bed (lamenting the fact that You Can't Stop The Music was on yet again, but there was no way I was staying up to watch it).

So, yeah, the thrills never stop around this place.

Happy New Year!

Current Mood:

No comments: