photo saturday: service

not merely about losssailor memorial

shrine4000 service medals
I really, really need to get more sleep. This week has been a total disaster area when it came to me getting to bed any time before about 12:30am (I'm blaming YouTube... but really, I just need to shut the videos off and go the fuck to bed)... which given that I need to be up early in the morning meant that I've been somewhat sleep deprived. Which generally means I've been a little punchy all week too.

And everybody at work is also a little punchy in the lead up to the end of this project, so, yeah... it's all a little weird right now.

Thankfully, Monday is a public holiday for Anzac Day, and then on Friday I have the day off for my second tattoo session. My bank balance may not be especially pleased about that the following week, but I kind of need the break.

My potato soup last week turned into potato, bacon, leek, parsnip, turnip and corn soup... and some of the excess filled in for pasta sauce when I couldn't be bothered cooking anything properly around the middle of the week.

This week I'm probably going for a Moroccan sweet potato soup... or Spanish... Ma brought down a new flavour of the Campbell's Soup Stock this week, and while I originally wanted to do Moroccan, I'm undecided at this point.

Otherwise this week hasn't been particularly interesting. Get up, go to work, work for 8 hours, walk home, vegetate in front of the computer, go to bed, repeat until insane.

This morning wasn't the usual Saturday though. Ma was getting her hair did, so I was on my own... which as always meant that I didn't get my ass into gear as early as I should have. But after I'd had my shower, I opened the blinds in the bedroom and realised that there was something blocking some of the light in one of the windows.

It turned out to be a package from Amazon (Golden Girls Forever, because why wouldn't I want to own that), who I told at some point that it was okay to leave the parcels if I wasn't home, so this particular postman decided the best way to do that was to put the package inside my bedroom window between the flyscreen and the frame. Which would be fine, except for the fact that I have no fucking idea how long it had been there.

I'm guessing it was only delivered on Friday, but to be honest it probably could have been delivered at any point in the last week, and it's just been sitting there since then. Actually, based on the sticker on the parcel, it could have been delivered at any point between 11 April and now... but I like to think I would have actually noticed it at some point if it had been there for more than a day.

Weird.

I managed to complete my shopping in record time, as I always do when I shop on my own. Ma messaged me while I was still right at the beginning of my shop to say she was on her way down, and I still had time to finish the whole supermarket, drive home and unpack about three quarters of my purchases.

When Ma did arrive, once again we didn't really have a plan for what to do with the day, so we ended up heading out to Marion, partially to check the route, partially because we've kind of decided that Movie Tuesday needs to be placed in the "not right now" column, and if we want to see something at the movies, we do it on a Saturday and either go to Marion or Arndale (because they both take pretty much the same length of time from my new place, although there are a hell of a lot of roadworks between here and Arndale right at the moment, so Marion seems like it could be a better plan.

There wasn't anything on at the movies that we wanted to see though (I mean there was Jungle Book but neither of us are particularly thrilled by the idea), so we just did our usual wander from one end to the other (which essentially goes something like, walk from A to B on the ground floor, then come upstairs and walk from C to D, then turn around and walk from D to C, go back downstairs and walk from B to A... there's a lot of visits to shops in between, but that's the basic idea).

The thing about Marion is it's always a very different class of people from the ones I run into anywhere else... or else they're just concentrated. There's always a lot of visible tattoos (not that there's anything wrong with that, I now have partially visible tattoos), I noticed a higher rate of unnaturally coloured hair than I would normally see and the percentage of hot boys is significantly higher.

We weren't really on the lookout for anything much beyond a couple of DVDs for Ma, but I did find a tea strainer (which I wouldn't have done if the girl in Harris Scarfes hadn't engaged me in conversation about the fact that they didn't have one... which led me to notice that they actually did over on the wall... which was a surprise for both of us). Yes, my life is just that exciting.

As usual we stopped for lunch about halfway through, and then once we'd made it from A to D and back again, we called it a day.

Current Mood:

No comments: