lurgy filled saturday shopping

i am the lurgy
Yep, I'm currently the president of Sick Town...

I woke up this morning to find my nose blocked and my head full of cotton wool.

The nose has improved a little, but the cotton wool remains.

I wandered around a little, then had a shower, got ready and called the RAA. I'd forgotten that they always tell you it's going to be "within an hour", so I was settling in for a wait, but I got the "we're on the way" SMS within about ten minutes, and he showed up maybe ten minutes after that.

Car started, I puttered on down the road to the mechanic, left my car with him and went over the road to join Ma at the supermarket.

Whenever I get sick I end up moving about half my regular speed, if not less, and today was no exception. It has been a very slow strolly kind of day.

After the supermarket we came back here, unpacked and then headed out to Arndale to kill some time before the nice mechanic man called me to come and get my car.

I've been looking for one of those racks to store my plates vertically instead of horizontally, but I haven't been able to find one anywhere I've looked thus far... clearly people don't do that with plates anymore.

Most of the way through our wanderings I got a call to say my car would be ready around noon, so since it wasn't that far off of that, we headed off to the car and Ma dropped me off at the mechanic, I had to sit around and wait for a bit, but he'd done all the servicey things and made with the charging of the battery, so all was good.

I puttered back to my place and Ma and I decided to head down to the new shopping mall on Churchill Road to take a look... they're in the process of building our first Costco out there, and the rest of the mall is a little ordinary, but it's all brand new and shiny and has a Kmart, so we happily wandered around for an hour or so.

By that point I was pretty much completely exhausted, so we called it quits for the day.

So not exactly the most thrilling day, but my head is too small and filled with cotton wool today for anything exciting.

Current Mood:

No comments: